Spec me an LED Torch

My EA41 pics

DSCF6050.jpg

Image2.jpg

I am looking for a decent LED torch for going exploring with, want one with a nice wide beam, as well as a nice tight beam. I used a 5W ALDI CREE last time I was over in Chernobyl, and the light output was not very good in large rooms and dark spaces at all. It was good enough to help us not die in the huge holes everywhere however!

I like the look of the EA41, I intend to just use standard duracells in this. The belt holder is ideal as well.

I like the look of the EA41, I intend to just use standard duracells in this. The belt holder is ideal as well.

If you use the EA41 on high mode it should last about 2 - 3hrs, but thats the 2014 version. The 2015 version of the EA41 is a tad more powerful, so Im guessing it wont last as long?

I have just taken my EA41 outside, and you know if you point it in the air the beam goes on for ever? Not tonight the beam stops and makes a large white ring of light in the air. It must be something todo with it being so cold and mist/fog being in the air? I havent ever seen a torch making a ring of light in the sky before, its the same ring of light if you pointed the torch up towards the ceiling in your home, but much bigger.

Quite a sight.......

Last edited:
I Basketed £300ish worth of products last night and then chickened out :D

Fenix TK75 + Extended Runtime Module + Charger + 8 x batteries.

I am going to need a good search torch early next year so I will likely end up plumping for it unless I find a better option.

I have just taken my EA41 outside, and you know if you point it in the air the beam goes on for ever? Not tonight the beam stops and makes a large white ring of light in the air. It must be something todo with it being so cold and mist/fog being in the air? I havent ever seen a torch making a ring of light in the sky before, its the same ring of light if you pointed the torch up towards the ceiling in your home, but much bigger.

Quite a sight.......

I'm very tempted myself with the Nitecore EA41 if it has a decent flood. Where are they made? They seem extremely cheap out here, cheapest place starts at £28 (bit concerned this one might be a fake), and the average price (including Amazon China) is about £42.

I Basketed £300ish worth of products last night and then chickened out :D

Fenix TK75 + Extended Runtime Module + Charger + 8 x batteries.

I am going to need a good search torch early next year so I will likely end up plumping for it unless I find a better option.

Be sure to get the 2900 lumen version of the TK75.

Well mine has arrived already :eek: :D. It looks genuine, it's in a Fenix box with all the accessories. Unfortunately, I have no batteries with me :(.

uc

Received two of these today and expected a mix up but ended up with the real deal just like you.

Two of the latest TK22 for £18, shocked :eek::D

My first Fenix, love the quality, pretty much a perfect torch.

There is a father Christmas.

I'm very tempted myself with the Nitecore EA41 if it has a decent flood. Where are they made? They seem extremely cheap out here, cheapest place starts at £28 (bit concerned this one might be a fake), and the average price (including Amazon China) is about £42.

I ordered mine from torch direct http://www.torchdirect.co.uk/explorer-series/nitecore-ea41-led-torch.html

you can also order the EA41 from nitecore http://www.nitecore.co.uk/Shop/Products/Explorer/12918-Nitecore-EA41.html

But no I wouldnt order decent stuff from amazon ect just incase.

Hi. I want to get mum a simple to operate torch for her birthday.

Do I get the EA41 or should I try and get a solar force one?

It needs to be here by 14 Jan. My budget is up to £60 and the torch will be a general use torch for when she is wandering around the country. Mum won't coddle it either so it will need to take some serious abuse (back in the 90s, Maglites put up a solid fight for a few years before dying).

Well the buttons on the EA41 are easy, the bottom button is on and off, the top button is for the modes. Also it remembers the last mode, so It switches on to the last mode used. Also if you hold down the on/off button when its on, the light turns off and the buttons flash every 2secs so you can find it in the dark. I think thats a neat feature.

I would have liked the buttons to be a tad bigger tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom