Spec me an LED Torch

Just ordered myself a Sportac Triple XP-G2 Drop-in for my L2P
  • Triple Cree XP-G2 S2 LED
  • 1224 LED lumen
  • Voltage input: 2.7V - 9V

I'll post pics when it arrives!
Z5AvDQi.jpg

Those things are monsters! Make SURE that you heatsink the module to the torch body (I recommend Copper adhesive tape, but aluminium drinks can would work in a pinch. You'll also want really top-notch batteries that can withstand the draw, which will be in the 5A region on high.

Those things are monsters! Make SURE that you heatsink the module to the torch body (I recommend Copper adhesive tape, but aluminium drinks can would work in a pinch. You'll also want really top-notch batteries that can withstand the draw, which will be in the 5A region on high.

Yeah they said on the site that they are designed to be very snug into the p60 hosts so I'll make sure that's the case!
I use Eagtac protected 3400mAh 3.7V 18650's so will see how I get on with those. Any more powerful batteries that you recommend?

It's arrived. :D

As usual, excellent service from TorchDirect. Ordered Sunday evening and arrived today, laser engraved and all.

nitecore_tn36.jpg

(Excuse the poor quality phone pic)

any good recomendations for a good bright light for working on the bike? garage lights are crap and lots of smal lspaces a decent tporuch would make the world of diference

Hi all

I think I have decided to get a small key ring light, at the moment I have a Maglite Solitaire, but I want one with a clickable switch
I cant seem to find much around that fits my requirements (small, switch to turn on and off and attach to my set of keys)
I have just been looking at the LED Lenser ones, P2BM, P3AFS and P3BM

can you recommend me a light either out of these 3 or a better one ?

Thanks

I bought 2 sets of AA 1900mAh Panasonic Eneloops(made in japan) for my EA41 a few weeks ago, so to have 1 set being used and the other on standby for when they go dead.

Last night the torch went dead after about 5hrs of use and that was using mainly medium mode(120lumens). Im guessing I might be able to get a few more hrs out of the batts as the eneloops came pre charged and I didn't charge them before using them.

But so far Im really impressed with the EA41, its a real good all rounder and plenty bright enough on the medium mode of 120 lumens, cant see myself using high or turbo mode very often. One prob though, it some time gets confused when you go through the power modes, it doesn't always do them in order?

Last edited:
Hi all

I think I have decided to get a small key ring light, at the moment I have a Maglite Solitaire, but I want one with a clickable switch
I cant seem to find much around that fits my requirements (small, switch to turn on and off and attach to my set of keys)
I have just been looking at the LED Lenser ones, P2BM, P3AFS and P3BM

This is brilliant although it's gone up in price hugely since Christmas (under £2 before Christmas). I actually purchased loads of these for family and friends and they all love them. The fact they take AA and the battery lasts ages is another plus for me. This appears the same but far cheaper.

I use mine every day and it is incredibly well built and the beam for the size, plus ability to focus. it is great quality too IMO.

Clip would hold on to keyring as belt clip is solidly connected to unit.

It's nothing like my VG10 or L2 but compared to size it's brilliant.

Last edited:
How odd this last week the mode sequence on my EA41 was all messed up as it was skipping power modes, a example for you, lastnight I wanted medium mode as it was on high mode and it took me about 3 or 4 cycles though the mode sequence to get to medium, because it kept on skipping modes.

So I changed the batts to normal alkaline, because maybe it was my eneloop batts that was causing the problem, but no it was still the same, then I tried leaving the batts out for 20mins but this didnt work either.

Then I noticed it was starting to get the correct mode sequence again the more time I went through them, it got better and better until it stopped skipping all together.

It was as if it forgotten the correct mode sequence and the more times I pressed the mode button, it began to remember them again, as it was just going to any power mode it felt like.

So how do you explain that one? Nomatter how hard I try I cannot make it skip modes anymore.

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0092Q1N7W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

This ones good for about 300 lumens or so I think in comparison to the tk22 as a guide. Pretty good for a cheap torch, likes the nitecore 18650 battery also AAA works well though slightly less bright.
Surprising thing is the reach of the torch is also good when you focus the beam with the sliding head. It'll reach as far as the tk22 but not quite as bright but still illuminating right down the end of a long road is pretty good though the tk22 would be also covering both sides of the road where as the focused beam is slim. Some might prefer that

Build quality is ok enough, looks perfect but this one has to be returned as the spring is loose with the AAA use which was the main reason for getting it

That actually looks properly good and with a smooth reflector and big head, I imagine the throw will be greater than the UltraFire C8.

Do I want to replace my C8? At 22 Bucks it would be criminal not to?

What's the emitter like, is the centre spot yellowish or neutral white? Being a U2 I am expecting it to have a hint of yellow but the smooth reflector should control that well.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom