Spec me an LED Torch

Ouch, now that is an expensive light! :o

Especially as there's a guy on CPF that makes essentially the same thing for $350 + shipping!

Well, that was quick! Ordered yesterday, turned up today :D

HuSqD4rl.jpg.png

oo that a single AA?

can you get some pictures of it with your hand for scale? from the info it sound very durable, and might be the perfect light to go in the tool kit with a few spare sealed eneloops.

oo that a single AA?

can you get some pictures of it with your hand for scale? from the info it sound very durable, and might be the perfect light to go in the tool kit with a few spare sealed eneloops.

Yeah! Its a single AA, basically why I bought it :D perfect for the tool kit. Its really well made. I think its aluminium.

Here's a picture of it in my hand.

9pZC5Tdl.jpg.png

RdooESCl.jpg.png

Last edited:
Has anyone ever used any AA to D Cell adapters?

I've got some maglites that take D size batteries, and I'd like to run them off eneloops. I know that a basic 1AA to D cell adapter is readily available... but I'm wondering about something that can put 2 or 3 AAs in parallel, keeping it at 1.5V but not being limited to the capacity of 1 AA.

Last edited:
I bought a couple for my mag lite but the way the rear of the maglite contacts the d battery means they wouldn't work. Would also be interested in a solution as I have everything else moved over to eneloops pretty much.

Has anyone ever used any AA to D Cell adapters?

I've got some maglites that take D size batteries, and I'd like to run them off eneloops. I know that a basic 1AA to D cell adapter is readily available... but I'm wondering about something that can put 2 or 3 AAs in parallel, keeping it at 1.5V but not being limited to the capacity of 1 AA.

There are low self discharge (LSD) C and D cells with >4000mAh capacity available.

Last edited:
I bought a couple for my mag lite but the way the rear of the maglite contacts the d battery means they wouldn't work. Would also be interested in a solution as I have everything else moved over to eneloops pretty much.

Ah right. Yeah I guess I need to find some reviews online of one that's confirmed to work.

Don't think my Nitecore i4 v2 will charge D's :/
Same - I don't think my charger would fit an actual D cell. Hence the attraction of using eneloops inside an adapter.

Back
Top Bottom