Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
Hey guys I m thinking about buying the Fenix TK75 (2018) or the Nitecore TM06S, I am leaning towards the Fenix because of higher lumens of 5000, its rechargeable (need to buy 18650 batts though) and its big and manly, something to hold, if you get me.

So has anyone had either of these lights, and if so what do you think? Also what 18650 batts do you recommend because last time I bought 18650 batts they were fake?..... Ah yeah has anyone ordered stuff through "lightmalls.com" and is it legit no fake stuff as this site seems to be the cheapest place to order from?

Soldato
what 18650 batts do you recommend because last time I bought 18650 batts they were fake?.....
SANYO NCR 18650 GA 3500mAh 10A Batteries from Ecolux for about £6 each.

Ignore that. Just remembered - I could get unprotected because I went for single cell torch options.

I think you need protected cells.

If I recall correctly Keeppower celłs from that same place - Ecolux - were what my research suggested were the best option for protected.

Soldato
Hey guys I m thinking about buying the Fenix TK75 (2018) or the Nitecore TM06S, I am leaning towards the Fenix because of higher lumens of 5000, its rechargeable (need to buy 18650 batts though) and its big and manly, something to hold, if you get me.

So has anyone had either of these lights, and if so what do you think? Also what 18650 batts do you recommend because last time I bought 18650 batts they were fake?..... Ah yeah has anyone ordered stuff through "lightmalls.com" and is it legit no fake stuff as this site seems to be the cheapest place to order from?

Just sent you a message via trust. I've never used lightmalls before used banggood for loads of lights without any delivery problems.

Soldato

Didn't think I'd have much advice to offer as the only multi - cell torch I have is a bike light...

But that tells a story. I have a head torch and a few hand held torches but they're all single - cell because smaller is more convenient for me and still plenty of light.

What do you need it for? Your requirements will shape what you need.

My headtorch needed to last an entire night, and be light enough to wear for that length of time. I ended up with a Fenix HP25R which I still think was absolutely the right tool for the job. (Incidentally, I bought it from Banggood as mentioned by @Deluxe1 and it arrived safely for just over half the next best price I could find - I'd second the recommendation).

Single cell torches from decent manufacturers can handle unprotected cells which are cheaper for larger capacity.

If you're packing the torch or carrying it for any length of time, you'll appreciate size and weight considerations...

Soldato
Well, just a upgrade to my Nitecore EA41 (960lm) that I have had for 3-4yrs now. I would get the Nitecore TM06S (4000lm), but I would like a chunky torch and the TM06S is only slightly chunkier then the EA41 and the Fenix looks nice and chunky.

I have chickens and only use it for shutting them in the pens every night, so the weight isnt a prob as I only use it 5-10 mins per night. Also my EA41 is great in powercuts as I can stand it up on its tail and it lights up rooms very nicely, so a higher lumen torch will be even better at that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone have any recommendations for a good "C" battery powered LED torch, need very bright but long battery life! (plus robust if possible), Currently using an AP PRO series one thats been dropped down lift shafts and everything, but on its last legs now!

Soldato
Well guys I have just ordered the Nitecore TM26(4000lms) with Nitecore batteries and it should be with me tomorrow morning. I was thinking about the Nitecore TM26GT(3500lms) as the distance range is futher, but ppl pointed out that the flood might not be as good with it being 500lms less.

Soldato
I received the Nitecore Tiny Monster 26 this morning, the light that I have wanted for yrs. I haven't tried it yet because its charging, but I really do like the look of this torch, even though a lot of people think its ugly.

xbhkkj.jpg

Soldato
I just wanted this model because its nice and big and I love the look of it even though its was made in 2013 (updated in 2015 to 4000lms). Plus its got the info screen and you can charge the batts without having to remove them from the light,

Soldato
I have just tested this light in the dark and wow,its more floodyier then my old EA41 torch. On full power the light was bouncing off our gates from our door step, thats like roughly 30-40meters away and a normal incandescent torch doesn't even reach our gates from the doorstep.

plus the medium setting on my EA41 that I used mainly is the equivalent to low on the tm26 and it says it will last about 48hrs. so that will be useful for when we have powercuts also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom