Spec me an LED Torch

Soldato
Unfortunately, I can't read all 51 pages of this thread, so I'm just going to have to ask. I need a new LED torch, but I want the absolute brightest torch I can get with the longest battery life. If it could take 18650 batteries or 21700 batteries that would be awesome. I need to use it in rural areas with no lighting at night for hours at a time so the brighter and longer lasting the better. A budget of about £50 if it is good enough.

Soldato
https://www.banggood.com/BLF-Q8-4x-...-p-1194351.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

1500lm for 6 hours but if you are out in dark rural areas then 1100lm / 10hours will be more than enough.

Cool. That looks like a decent option and the price is right as well. I have quite a few 18650 batteries from vaping so I can always carry around spares.

If you are carrying it in the hand all night you may want something lighter and smaller.

Good point. Honestly my main requirement is something that will lighten up rural areas enough to film from my mobile phone and get reasonable footage.

Soldato
Thanks thats very generous. I just ordered one of those 26650 batteries mentioned above, Delivery Time:30-40 days it says which is zero problem if its really that cheap I cant complain. Thanks Deluxe1
If they confirm shipping I'll go ahead and either order Astrolux FT03 SST40-W off the site if it comes back in or get in contact with you if you still got a spare, no rush as I mostly will use it for emergencies and safety on the road. I see people maybe walking with a torch pointed at the ground for unlit roads but the torch is a weaselly little thing, no point to that tbh

Soldato
Soldato
It’s an absolute beast of a torch!

Yeah. I needed something powerful as I'll be walking around woods at night and trying to film with my mobile phone at the same time so having something high end is necessary. I know this sounds a bit sad, but I'm quite excited for it to turn up so I can have a bit of a play around with it.

Soldato
The Astrolux FT03 ( http://budgetlightforum.com/node/65210 ) which a few of use acquired recently through the group buy takes 21700 as an option (in addition to 26650 & 18650). I'm using a ShockLi 5500mAh 26650 in it, and it's amazing for the price. :)

I've just bought one too :) Damned flashlight addiction

I was thinking about ordering a ''Samsung 30T 21700/3000mAh/35A'' for £6.99. Would you recommend the ShockLi over this and if so where can they be purchased? (in UK)

Thanks

Soldato
Anyone got a Nitecore TUP? Looks decent.
Ended up getting one in the end - Had it a couple of months now and love it to bits!!
About the only downside to it is the switches. The surround does not stop them from accidentally turning the torch on when in a pocket, although it's not easy as you need to 'tap-hold' the power button to unlock it... but it has happened a couple of times to me, although I deliberately pushed it to see how badly it suffered from this. However, five minutes with some Sugru and you're good to go.
Some people will not like the integrated, non-replacable battery, or the fact that it's not a quick-draw tail-switching tacticool torch, but that's all subjective. I have other torches for that. This is a keychain-style utility light, designed as competition to the Olight S1/Baton market... and I definitely prefer this one!

Back
Top Bottom