Spec me an LED Torch

Those are some killer torches you've linked there. I'm doing the same, replacing my cat A USB torch with the cat C USB that I have quoted from your post :)

In general, not aimed at you Mrk, but to everyone: Please can you install a Greasemonkey / Violentmonkey script called "General URL Cleaner"? It shortens Amazon and eBay etc links to just what is necessary. So that the link I quoted above becomes https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081KYHLWT .. it just looks tidier when linking on forum posts.

Man of Honour
Ah yes I actually forgot to trim the URL down as was posting from phone yesterday! I am not a greasemonkey user any more but for that purpose will get it back onto Firefox thanks!

Those docks look cool for sure, although for me only useful if I had other olight torches! USB-C also allows me to charge in the car etc too without carrying the olight cable with me too!

The lights arrived last night but I was out so could not give them a good run, however I did play around indoors and check out the material quality etc. Very satisfied with the finish, seems up there with Olight, Lumintop, Thrunite etc. I like the clicky side button and power LED battery indicator. It feels more tactile than the Olight one. The SP36 Pro is rather on the heavy side but to be expected given 3x 18650s - Still, it is smaller and lighter than the JetBeam BC40 (I think it was...) I had way back and more powerful too.

I like that they all share the same UI. The Olit S1R Baton II sold yesterday to a local guy, just the Prince Copper and SolarForce left.

Oh I did notice only the SP36 has an AR coated lens. Also I almost blinded myself first time, double clicked by accident whilst the head was aimed at my face...

Sofirm_Trio_InHand.jpg

Sofirn_IF22A.jpg

Sofirn_SP36Pro.jpg

Sofirn_SP33V3.jpg

Man of Honour
Hmm so the SP36 Pro is going to be returned. All three share the same button mapping controls which is great, but the SP36 has one omission that i don't like. Basically when you double tap to go to turbo mode, it will not revert back to the previous brightness when you single press the button. It instead turns off, so you have to press the button again to get back to the previous brightness recall which is annoying. This feature is really useful in that if you ever need to turbo light up something then you can do it super quick and then with a single click, get back to the mode you were at.

Also the power button LED is always on, the manual and online things say pressing the button 7 times when the LED is off will toggle the power LED lights modes but this does not work at all so there is residual drain when the torch is not being used as a result, however small.

It's also quite chunky and finding storage for it is quite a mission. I was gonna us it for my car but it's too much of a chonk to fit anywhere decent lol.

I will instead buy this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FM6MZQ6 - It will take over where the Olit S1R left but obviously more power and longer runtime which is ideal.

I've also been using the IF22A and man that long throw with smooth flood is immense, it reminds me of the Ultrafire C8 I had way back (found it the other day actually in the house) but with a clean and superior beam quality. IF22A is by far I think my favourite torch ever bought in all these years. The fact that it's so small is a miracle really ma dthe runtimes are brilliant too.

Man of Honour
Got the SC21 today, very impressed, it's brighter than the Olight S1R Baton 2 whilst remaining the same size. The battery will last much longer too as I have it in ramped mode and have a default setting somewhere between medium and high which should yield 3-4 hours runtime. I like that all of tehse Sofirns have scome with spare Orings and lanyard/clips. Packaging is just a brown box with some labels but who cares about fancy packaging.

Like the magnetic tail too, I don't miss the S1R one bit as it has everything did and more.

Interesting that the power indicator on the SP33 V3 is blue when the battery is full whereas the others are green. They all flash red when charging though The tint of the SC21 is more warm than the S1R

Sofirn_trio.jpg

Sofirn_SC21_lagnetic.jpg

Associate
Also it is quite a bit cheaper than the Olight S1R Baton II and Baton 3 as well.

I got a S2R Baton II in Lime Green incoming shortly. Something that is a bit longer than the S1Rs that uses a 18650 battery instead of the 16340.

Man of Honour
Just been having a play around with the IF22A and it is capable of uncomfortably heating up your hand from a distance of a few feet away when in turbo mode. Any closer and I'd burn my hand.

I also note that the heat from the button area and up is impossible to touch and hold without gloves when its been on turbo for about a minute. If there is stepdown for regulation then it does appear to be pretty long but that heat is intense although probably a good sign as heat is exhausting at least.

Very impressive. I can't decide which to leave in the car, IF22A or SP33 v3. Probably end up leaving both in there, one for throw, one for flood. The SC21 will take over the S1R Baton II role of being in and around wherever with me, camera bag etc.

Also quite neat that the SP33 can function as a 5000mAh power bank too and it is seen as a fast charger by my phone!

The value for money on all three of these is quite remarkable for what you are getting.

Associate
The Olight S1R Baton 2 is a smidge smaller than the Sofirn SC21 and over half the weight at 51 grams vs the Sofirn at 125 grams. Doubt it will make much of a difference in the pocket or bag. Having said I might check out a SC21

Man of Honour
I admit to not comparing them both side by side as the S1R sold before the SC arrived! but they were so similar in size in the hand I didn't even notice the difference. The same for weight too, they both weigh so little in the hand you just don't notice. I will use the SC21 as my front bike light too from time to time as the flood is perfect for that sort of use.

Soldato
Nice one. Guys with like mega lumen 10000lumen +torches … what’s your use case for them ? My Seeker 3 Pro is more than enough for me for the night time walks. Can’t say I need more.

Just a bit of the wow factor, mostly pointless as the turbo goes within a min or two.

Man of Honour
More is always better? :p

I mean I fully agree though, although the IF22A is only 2100 lumens, but it lights up stuff 700 metres away - A distance you need damn binoculars to see in detail lol.

I will say that the 3500 lumens of the SP33 vs the 8000 lumens of the SP36 Pro wasn't grossly evident because they're both so damn bright to begin with. The throw distance isn't that much apart either. All down to the lens optics design really on how useful lumens are from my limited experience.

Caporegime
Just been having a play around with the IF22A and it is capable of uncomfortably heating up your hand from a distance of a few feet away when in turbo mode. Any closer and I'd burn my hand.

I also note that the heat from the button area and up is impossible to touch and hold without gloves when its been on turbo for about a minute. If there is stepdown for regulation then it does appear to be pretty long but that heat is intense although probably a good sign as heat is exhausting at least.

Very impressive.
Impressively dangerous?

Man of Honour
Pretty confident that it will stepdown as needed. But in terms of danger, well I guess it could burn your hand or burn something in a bag etc if the turbo is activated by accident. All the more reason to enable lockout when it's in a bag.

Associate
Some of the higher lumen Olights gets a proximity sensor that will step down the lumens if something is close to the front of the torch. Guessing this is to prevent burning, however I think you can override this function. :p

Soldato
If anyone needs a cheap headtorch can't go wrong with this, ELSWWAAK code gives an extra discount.

Soldato
Pretty confident that it will stepdown as needed. But in terms of danger, well I guess it could burn your hand or burn something in a bag etc if the turbo is activated by accident. All the more reason to enable lockout when it's in a bag.

After 2 mins it dropped off to 500 lumens.

Soldato
So torch nerds (seriously this thread is as bad as the sneaker one :p)...I was rummaging in the loft the other day and found my trusty old 3 D-cell maglite. What's the best LED conversion to get for it? Yes I know it is massive and heavy, but that's half the charm!

Caporegime
If anyone needs a cheap headtorch can't go wrong with this, ELSWWAAK code gives an extra discount.

Have you ordered from this store before? Tempted to pick one up but not sure to order from USA or China?

Back
Top Bottom