Spec me Some Good Champagne

Soldato
OP
This year I have:

1 x Tesco Finest Premier Cru Brut Champagne (for mixing with OJ on Christmas morning)
1 x Bollinger Special Cuvée Champagne (For Christmas dinner)

Soldato
It's the missus' birthday tomorrow and I got a Lanson Extra Age NV. Quite excited. Also got a nice Californian Pinot Noir to go with the duck I'll be roasting but it got slurped last night by accident.

Soldato
Interesting. I never quite got on with the regular Lanson NV.
Likewise. Never tried the vintage stuff but I'd rather drink cremant than normal black label haha

I haven't had some fizz in a while to be fair. Well a while for me probably isn't that long. I'm not drinking really at the moment. I had a couple of glasses of cremant on friday but that's the only thing for 2 weeks. Hard when then wife is still drinking and I'm not!

I said I'd get some nice Champagne though for a night coming up. No occasion for it, just because. I need to work out what I fancy... Krug/Cristal would top my list but one I've always wanted to get again was this: https://www.vivino.com/champagne-joseph-perrier-cuvee-josephine-brut-champagne/w/1243492?year=U.V.

If you like a buttery/ chardonnay heavy champagne I'd really recommend it.

Or, another one I really rate and would get again: vivino.com/alain-thienot-la-vigne-aux-gamins/w/2056250?year=U.V.

Both not ones you get mainstream but fantastic on the upper end of the price scale.

Back
Top Bottom