Spec me Some Good Champagne

taB

taB

Associate
The main reason the NV Delamotte BdB is good in my reckoning is the lees aging. Current UK stock is (I believe) mainly 2011 vintage and wasn't disgorged until May 2016. For me it's better than the vintage until that's had proper time to age. Have had some 70s and 80s vintages of Delamotte in the past and they're rather tasty.

kai

kai

Soldato
6 bottles of Veuve Clicquot for like £40.

Wife picked up 6 bottles for Christmas plus a bottle of prosecco for this evening. Looks like they have scanned the much cheaper bottle of prosecco x7 and THEN given us the deal of 25% off when you buy 6 or more bottles

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
Thread revival. Interested what people have picked up this Christmas.

Picked up a couple of bottles (so far)

Perrier Jouet Blason Rose
Laurent Perrier Cuvee Rose
Veuve Clicquot

I am tempted to purchase: Ruinart (never tried before, but always has a high review)

Soldato
I've currently got:

1 x Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2009
1 x Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2012
2 x Laurent-Perrier vintage 2008
1 x Le Mesnil grand cru blanc de blancs 2012
1 x Tesco Premier Cru Brut NV (For cocktails)

Probably not going to open the 2012 Moët this year, let it have more time.

I did get the chance to try DP for the first time earlier this year (2004), utterly delicious compared to anything I'd had before.

Soldato
Had the bdb ruinart this weekend, was lovely. That is all.

You know your champagne, I have nothing to base this on apart from almost every post I read of yours you are mentioning champagne. Based on this I bought the 'standard' Ruinart. £50. The BNB was £75 so I got a Chocolate Block as well.

I hope this champagne is good! I went in to buy a bottle of Bolinger. And you can't go wrong with Chocolate Block!

Associate
You know your champagne, I have nothing to base this on apart from almost every post I read of yours you are mentioning champagne. Based on this I bought the 'standard' Ruinart. £50. The BNB was £75 so I got a Chocolate Block as well.

I hope this champagne is good! I went in to buy a bottle of Bolinger. And you can't go wrong with Chocolate Block!

Personally I would have gone for the Bolly over the Ruinart.

Both are good but Ruinart I found a little acidic.

Last edited:
Soldato
Standard Bolly vs. a standard Ruinart, I'd take the Ruinart all day, but it's personal taste right?

No pressure! :O haha

Delamotte NV is also great around that £40 mark.

I recommend this very highly tbh. I am a huge Louis Roederer fan, but you really can't go wrong with a Delamotte in my eyes, too.

A couple of bottles of Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs for New Years Eve...

Lovely bottle!

I've currently got:

1 x Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2009
1 x Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2012
2 x Laurent-Perrier vintage 2008
1 x Le Mesnil grand cru blanc de blancs 2012
1 x Tesco Premier Cru Brut NV (For cocktails)

Nice selection!!

We have a ton of Bestheim cremant for general consumption. Their Grand Cru is really up their with Champagne (same method and grapes, too) and have a couple of the Agrapart & Fils I bought last month. I think I'm going to pop out and get some Louis though as I can't not have some really.
Will go out tomorrow morning and get that.

I have a selection of really nice reds for the period as well though, so that should be nice.

Back
Top Bottom