SPEEDING UK

Soldato
Yeah it can go both ways but rarely is the difference meaningful IMO - unless it is going down to the wire trying to catch a train or something like that. Though I've done some not great overtakes to get past people doing 40 MPH everywhere, even though it probably made about 2 minutes difference to my journey, because they are so annoying to sit behind.
This is true. The people who take risks to save seconds do baffle me.

I tend to set my cruise at an indicated 79 (75 GPS) and I fully admit that it's mostly for the psychological feeling that I'm making as much progress as I dare versus any tangible time saving.

Caporegime
You are mostly dictated by traffic. I do plenty of routes in my hgv and when I do them in my car at the weekend to go somewhere the difference is maybe 10 minutes. Only when I do a big jaunt 200+ miles is the difference up to 20 minutes.

Knowing the right lane to be in is the most important thing for progress and reading of the road to beat traffic and not get stuck.

On the continent it is different though. You can make real progress if wanted.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just sit behind a lorry at 50ish for the hyper miles.
do you not get more stone chips etc if you are driving close enough to hyper mileing

also does it make a noticeable difference Vs just doing 50 without sitting behind a lorry

(I have never done it before so genuinely interested)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom