Spelling and the lack of an excuse

Soldato
I don't care if they're dyslexic, foreign or both, 'cuz' is not correct, and i will pick them up on it, if they truly had an excuse like above they'd chalk it down to learning and correct themselves, but people almost never do when you bring it up.

Most people whom I've come across that claim they're dsylexic have never actually been tested yet use it as an excuse.

It all stems from the namby-pamby education system in this country where in schools you can't call a stupid person stupid, a lazy person lazy, there has to be some sort of neurological disorder.

It's the same with ADD/ADHD etc. Whilst I don't doubt that in SOME cases it's valid, MANY of them are simply down to bad behaviour, made worse by the parents latching on to these disorders instead of facing the real issue, the lack of parenting skills & discipline.

You can normally spot the genuine cases of these disorders because they're the ones that strive to succeed despite them. Point in case, a member of my year in secondary school was tested and found to be dsylexic. She worked hard and ended up doing law at Oxford.

Soldato
Most people whom I've come across that claim they're dsylexic have never actually been tested yet use it as an excuse.

It all stems from the namby-pamby education system in this country where in schools you can't call a stupid person stupid, a lazy person lazy, there has to be some sort of neurological disorder.

It's the same with ADD/ADHD etc. Whilst I don't doubt that in SOME cases it's valid, MANY of them are simply down to bad behaviour, made worse by the parents latching on to these disorders instead of facing the real issue, the lack of parenting skills & discipline.

You can normally spot the genuine cases of these disorders because they're the ones that strive to succeed despite them. Point in case, a member of my year in secondary school was tested and found to be dsylexic. She worked hard and ended up doing law at Oxford.
That's a load of ****, I have been in schools in this "new" generation and it's nothing like that.
You have to get tested to be able to get help and extra time in exam. And actually the teachers have better things to be doing than labeling kids lazy or stupid anyway.
Of course some kids will claim they are dyslexic or have ADHD, but kids are like that anyway, I am pretty sure half my school said their uncle was Micheal Owen.

Permabanned
basically if you correct someone elses spelling or grammar on the internet your severely lacking something in your own life and should sort out your own neuroses.

Soldato
txtspeech.jpg

That image should end any argument with someone who insists there is nothing wrong with poor spelling.

Soldato
basically if you correct someone elses spelling or grammar on the internet your severely lacking something in your own life and should sort out your own neuroses.

Yes indeed,i have been on the end of it by some grammar nazi on here,fairly sad people with nothing else better to than have a go because their lives are shallow and they have no real friends.

Back
Top Bottom