1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiced Rum Recommendation

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by NeverWinter, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:04 PM.

1. rallyfan1986

Gangster

Dark matter rum is worth a try

2. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Another vote for Rumbullion. First time I had in it (in the Spaniard,a rum bar, in Belfast) it was served hot and with a slice of orange peel. Works really well, the heat really opens up the flavour. When I drink it at home I tend to just have it straight though. It's not really a mixing spirit, but hey if that's what you like crack on!

3. ColdAsIce

Mobster

Mount Gay 1703
    Havana Club 7 years
    Kraken
    Lambs Spiced Rum < Really strong vanilla flavours

I would have all of the above with a little ice, coke and a lime.

4. ColdAsIce

Mobster

I still have 2 bottles of the Original Recipe Sailor Jerry :D I keep an eye on Ebay from time to time see how much they are going for.

5. kaptainmarc

Wise Guy

6. Marvt74

Soldato

Wife bought my the Plantation for christmas it was delicious. Still doesn't quite dislodge the Diplomatico as my favourite reasonably priced rum though.

7. Lwills

Associate

Spiced rum lends itself well to drinking neat or a dash of coke. Can do a nice twist on a dark and stormy with spiced rum and ginger too.

If I'm somewhere with a well stocked bar (or in the house!) I tend to go for double Spiced rum, about the same of lemonade (50 ml), a couple of ice cubes, slice of lime and a dash of bitters.

Honestly give it a try, really balances the flavours of the rum out without overpowering any of them, one warning though - it's very easy to drink :D

8. Lwills

Associate

Oww have to try that one! Looks tasty :) I wonder why they don't distribute that one more in the UK, seems to be a market for it.

9. ivrytwr3

Wise Guy

Kraken and ribena ie rum and black.

10. Lopéz

Man of Honour

Lots of non-spiced rums in a spiced rum thread

Plantation 20th, Diplomatico, Havana Club 7 and Mount Gay are all good rums, but none of them are specifically spiced rums (most rums have some degree of spice, but if you're looking for a viable Kraken alternative, stick with a rum that is specifically branded as "Spiced")

11. ColdAsIce

Mobster

I had some RedLeg on Friday. Very nice but the bottle isn't fancy if you are giving it as a gift.