Clyde or Livingston v Dundee
Albion Rovers v Stirling Albion
Aberdeen v Hearts
Edinburgh City v Montrose
Partick Thistle v Dundee United
Ross County v Inverurie Loco Works
Ayr United v Wick Academy or Brechin
Kilmarnock v Falkirk

Ties to be played Saturday 9 January 2010, except Hamilton v Rangers, which has a 1215 GMT kick-off on Sunday 10 January.

I went to see my local team, Wick Academy, (the most northerly club in British football, fact fans) play Brechin City on Saturday. Best game I've seen in ages and certainly more entertaining than anything Celtic have offered in the last 2 years. We went 1-0 up, then 2-1 down, then 4-2 up, but eventually succumbed to 2 late goals. And big Jim Duffy was magnanimous (and honest) enough to admit we we're the better side and deserved to win. We got a good write up in the press and it was great to have the spotlight on our remote, grim, town for a day.

Anyone else experience the romance of the cup on Saturday?

Associate
OP
This thread has become the equivalent of two jakey retarded kids sitting at the back of the classroom arguing over who has the most nits. It's a ****ing embarrassment, it really is.

Can none of you see that?

Associate
OP
We provide the facts, Oddie provides the comedy.

What do you provide Jock?.

And i`ll have you know my hair is nitless. :D

I'll take that as a no then.

I don't provide anything, any more, because the thread has descended into the same cringe-fest that it does every year. I'm not even sure why I read it, it's like a car crash I guess.

If you think that you or any of the other participants (and I include myself in that) come out of these episodes looking anything other than puerile, then you're very wrong.

Everything about it is embarrassing; the childish nicknames, the tired old wind-ups, the delusions, the ignorance, the barely veiled hatred for each other...

Doesn't anyone else get tired of going over and over the same old ****, year after year?

Associate
OP
A fine second half today but our problem has been stringing performances together so pardon me if I don't get too excited yet... It's good to claw back a couple of points though.

In other news, I heard that James McCarthy was considering switching BACK to the Scottish national team, I cant find any other source apart from the NOTW so it could be BS.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/697041/McCARTHY-CONSIDERS-SCOTLAND-SWITCH.html

Great news if true though, we need all the talent we can get and the boy has plenty of it.

Associate
OP
Gay.

Ban tbh.

Shaniqua_Be_All_Like.jpg

Associate
OP
I think the fact that Mowbray has been allowed to perform drastic surgery on his team says that the PLC are at least going to back him until the end of the season, and rightly so imo.

If he can't take the league from a team who haven't signed a player in 2 years then he ain't cut out for it and should do the decent thing and throw himself out a window.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
To be honest I am not excited Jock - I am not sure Tony is the man for the job - i would love to be proved wrong. I did have my apprehensions when he was appointed as he was known for playing attractive football but not for winning. As much as I would like to see both, having to fight Hibs for 2nd spot is not a position I would like to be in.

I personally feel we had a pretty good squad before he came on board.

I've all but written off this season but signing new players at least affords us a glimmer of hope, these new boys might be just what we need for this team to click, that's where the excitement comes from.

I disagree that we had a good squad before he came, it was after all the squad who capitulated last season. Neither do I agree that he was known for not winning, his Hibs and WBA teams we're pretty successful if memory serves.

Before the recent activity I wouldn't have backed Celtic with your money, but now....if the new players settle, we toughen up a bit, and string a wee run together...well, you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom