***SPOILERS*** Football 11th-13th Dec '10

Soldato
No thread for those of us in the 'other european league' so going to post team news for pool here. because i can!

Reina

Kelly
Kyriakos/Wilson
Skrtel/Wilson
Aurelio

Kuyt
Shelvey
Poulsen
Cole

Babel
Torres

*Disclaimer
All of our CB's are carrying slight knocks. Roy wants to use Wilson and Soto but we'l have to see who passes the medical checks.
They did train for a bit today with Kelly in CB and Kuyt at Right-back .. just incase. Good job the game means nothing!

Don
1 out of 10 for back tracking. I clearly said last season :p

edit: and the fact that Nani got more assists than Valencia last season surely rubbishes Frank's trump card.

Caporegime
I thought you meant that you said last season that Nani was a better player, that I would have agreed with. However I don't agree that Nani was better last season...if that makes sense.

Kind of like if you asked me who was better this season Berbatov or Rooney...then asked me who was the better player.

Associate
Valencia is less frustrating to watch as his game is rather simplistic. That said, Nani isn't anywhere as bad he used to be.

Both are good players in my book. With Nani, however, you have the potential for a bit of magic.

Don
I thought you meant that you said last season that Nani was a better player, that I would have agreed with. However I don't agree that Nani was better last season...if that makes sense.

So Nani was a better player last season but didn't have as good a season, last season? :confused:

Keep on digging :p ;)

Associate
I thought Valencia had a much more effective season than Nani quite honestly. I mean he was pretty much the provider for a lot of Rooney's goals was he not? Or have I not remembered correctly?

Nani on the other hand looked dangerous in more games than he usually had done but had a dreadful season up until Xmas - in fact he was meant to be getting sold in January up until his form took off suddenly - And really, was pretty inconsistent bar a couple of months or so, for me.

Don
[J.D.C];18009459 said:
I thought Valencia had a much more effective season than Nani quite honestly.

Actually he didn't.

Whether he created more of Rooney's goals specifically or not, I don't know but Nani assisted more goals than Valencia did last season and he done it despite playing far fewer games.

Don
Who's a better player Rooney or Berbatov? Berbatov has had a better season but Rooney is a better player.

Again, I clearly said last season.

And you're now coming out with some stuff about Nani being a better player last season but didn't have a better season :o

If you dig any deeper you'll end up in Perth just in time for the start of the Test match tonight ;)

Soldato
Actually he didn't.

Whether he created more of Rooney's goals specifically or not, I don't know but Nani assisted more goals than Valencia did last season and he done it despite playing far fewer games.

....................and being played out of position and dropped constantly, dont forget that ;)

Soldato
Actually he didn't.

Not sure how that can be impossible tbh, I can barely think of any Nani assists last season whereas I can think of loads from Valencia :confused:

Don
Reina

Kelly
Kyriakos/Wilson
Skrtel/Wilson
Aurelio

Kuyt
Shelvey
Poulsen
Cole

Babel
Torres

If only that was the side. Looks like it's this:

-----------Jones
Kelly----Skrtel-Wilson----Aurelio
Cole--Poulsen-Shelvey--Jovanovic
------Eccleston-Babel

Although Eccleston could be playing out wide with Cole just behind Babel.

Last edited:
Soldato
From what I've seen of Pacheco he isn't ready for league football yet, I think games would pass him by and it'd do more harm than good. Loan is a great idea. Have to say though the way Liverpool fans talk about him he must be better than what I've seen

Back
Top Bottom