***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

For those that didn't know. The delay towards the end of the Liverpool - Spurs game was because of a streaker. The stewards couldn't catch so Skrtel did :/

There's some 'interesting' pictures on RAWK. 1 of Johnson looking less than impressed with the streaker doing a handstand in the middle of the pitch and another of Reina thinking about helping Skrtel with a 'actually I'm not touching that' look on his face.

Seen that Howard Webb decision so many times now, still don't think it was a penalty.

But, is that probably the most comprehensive away victory at Anfield this season?

Seen that Howard Webb decision so many times now, still don't think it was a penalty.

But, is that probably the most comprehensive away victory at Anfield this season?

In scoreline terms yes, performance no.

You didn't create a clear chance all game. You got a slice of luck with the deflection for the first goal and then dodgy penalty. Blackpool played us off the pitch :o

It's obvious that no European football will help your league form but unless you're planning on a 1 season on 1 season off from the CL then you've got to get used to playing midweek games.

As for the EL keeping/attracting players. The prestige might not make a difference but the £10-15m might.

Spurs have made just over £26m in tv/prize money from the CL, add another ~£6m in match day income. It'll be difficult for you as a club to absorb that sort of loss in 1 go without having to ship out a fair few players (especially as your wage bill has risen considerably this year too).

Wage bill hasn't really increased that much. If you read the Times (don't flame me fore it). We aren't even in the top 8 clubs for average wages for the first team squads.

I wouldn't say it will be hard absorbing a loss from not being in the CL given that we haven't been in it before and hardly gambled financially following our qualification (VdV being the only major investment).

As for shipping out players, we have 18 players on loan, and we have already confirmed a vast majority of those will be ditched, thats about it.

In scoreline terms yes, performance no.

You didn't create a clear chance all game. You got a slice of luck with the deflection for the first goal and then dodgy penalty. Blackpool played us off the pitch :o

If you say so, still, a £60m+ strikeforce looked rather impotent against a CB pairing not played together in 7-months.

Wage bill hasn't really increased that much. If you read the Times (don't flame me fore it). We aren't even in the top 8 clubs for average wages for the first team squads.

I wouldn't say it will be hard absorbing a loss from not being in the CL given that we haven't been in it before and hardly gambled financially following our qualification (VdV being the only major investment).

As for shipping out players, we have 18 players on loan, and we have already confirmed a vast majority of those will be ditched, thats about it.

Your operating expenses for the first 6 months of this year increased by ~£13m, which Levy said was primarily down to an increase in wages ('costs associated with having a larger squad' were his exact words) and ate up the majority of the increased revenue from the CL.

With that in mind and the fact you made a fairly small loss last year (~£7m iirc), I can't imagine your revenues have increased enough elsewhere to cancel out those increased costs without CL football.

Players out on loan will of course bring money in but assuming their wages are being paid by the clubs they're on loan at, their transfer fees will only be a short term answer.

If you say so, still, a £60m+ strikeforce looked rather impotent against a CB pairing not played together in 7-months.

You defended well on the whole but just defending well doesn't make it the most comprehensive victory at Anfield. We didn't look like scoring against Wolves either :/
Why would Dawson dive after clearing the ball? :confused:

I don't know but there was no contact from Suarez.

edit: he hadn't cleared the ball anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom