***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

Was always going to happen. He just can't manage at all sadly. Big Sam as next WH manager?

Can't manage at all, but took a wobbling Chelsea to a game away from the title and a champs league and league cup final. Yeah, can't manage at all, after years of success in his home country.

Pompie and West Ham were both in serious trouble BEFORE HE JOINED THEM, there isn't a manager in the league who can cope with most of the first team squad missing large portions of the season.

Pompie also went to an FA cup final, and while rubbish, he took charge of a team in massive financial trouble, had sold half the first team, was left with mostly who couldn't be sold and the club had to pretty much cobble together a team of loans and very cheap buys.

He hasn't done well at West Ham, but he hasn't done badly either, a club in massive debt, with owners who waste the little money they have on the wrong players, and try to replace you for half the season with half your team injured.

Also don't forget, should they win the final game of the season they'll be relegated with more points than any other club in the past 4-5 seasons, considering the injuries they've had Upson, Parker, Noble, Collison, Boa Morte, Cole, Keane, Illunga, Gabbidon, Tomkins, Costa, Kovac, Obina, Hines....... errm, more aswell. Several of those have missed over half the season, some almost the whole season.

Last edited:
did Avram Grump even have the full backing anyway, it was only the other week that Karen Brady and Gold/Sullivan didnt even go to the Birmingham game I think it was because they knew they would lose.

sums it up really

did Avram Grump even have the full backing anyway, it was only the other week that Karen Brady and Gold/Sullivan didnt even go to the Birmingham game I think it was because they knew they would lose.

sums it up really

They were going to replace him with Martin O'Neill earlier in the season only for O'Neill to change his mind at the last minute after it was leaked out he was taking over.

Last edited:
Also don't forget, should they win the final game of the season they'll be relegated with more points than any other club in the past 4-5 seasons,

Thats incorrect.

2007/2008 36 points would have seen them relegated.

If they DONT win their next match 33 points would have seen them relegated every season from 1992 to now bar last year which is more to the point.

is it just me or does Scott Parker's head look like its been photoshopped on :D

article-1387357-0C14BA3100000578-547_634x459.jpg

:D

Can't manage at all, but took a wobbling Chelsea to a game away from the title and a champs league and league cup final. Yeah, can't manage at all, after years of success in his home country.

Pompie and West Ham were both in serious trouble BEFORE HE JOINED THEM, there isn't a manager in the league who can cope with most of the first team squad missing large portions of the season.

Utter rubbish.

He did nothing to justify the Chelsea job in the first place.

At Portsmouth (Not Pompie, no matter how many time to refer to them as that) the financial crisis masked his inability and shortcomings.

At West Ham you can trot out any number of excuses but the fact remains he is simply a dreadful manager who was very lucky to have held the posts he has.

Wasn't he a penalty away from winning the CL and nearly won the title despite United having Lolnaldo and co. ?

Looking forward to Suarez ripping them to pieces.
Line up for our game, Glad to see Carroll starting. Im confident of a win over Spurs, They havent been playing brill as of late and if we win our remaining 2 games it can only help with confidence more for next season :)
Happy with that, Maxi, Suarez, Carroll + Kuyt. Got to be some goals in that quartet today.
I fear for King today. With his knee's, you don't want to be facing Suarez; with the amount of twisting and turning he'll be doing today, it could be his last game for Spurs.
How is Spurs back up keeper? Is he as bad? If so im sure we could get a penalty or two also :D
Quite funny reading through this thread from all the cocky scousers. I don't think you lot could have got it more wrong if you'd tried :D Been getting it from lads at work who were so sure they'd win at least 3-0 today... COYS.

Just a shame we might actually qualify for the Europa league, I'd rather Liverpool have that distraction next season. Spurs have just discovered how those midweek European games catch up with you towards the end of the season. 2 wins in our final 14 games is not good... we really should have had at least 4th place sewn up, if not 3rd!!

Europa just isn't worth it unless you actually win it. Even being a losing finalist wouldn't warrant all the effort imho.

Quite funny reading through this thread from all the cocky scousers. I don't think you lot could have got it more wrong if you'd tried :D Been getting it from lads at work who were so sure they'd win at least 3-0 today... COYS.

Just a shame we might actually qualify for the Europa league, I'd rather Liverpool have that distraction next season. Spurs have just discovered how those midweek European games catch up with you towards the end of the season. 2 wins in our final 14 games is not good... we really should have had at least 4th place sewn up, if not 3rd!!

Europa just isn't worth it unless you actually win it. Even being a losing finalist wouldn't warrant all the effort imho.

haha yeh some liverpool fans giving it the biggun but todays result was a bit of a shock tbh
i think europa could be ok for us, just play the youth/reserves and cash in on it

Well....allow me...

A) I'm not a scouser. No more so than every single Tottenham fan being a cockney. Global sport and all that.

and

B) Saying that I'm happy with the selection and that it ought to provide goals on the basis of recent form is hardly cocky, I would think given recent form anyone would have thought that was a selection which ought to provide goals.

I certainly didnt think it was going to be 3-0, I thought maybe 2-1, possibly even 3-2 if both teams went at it hammer and tongs rather than tight at the back.

As it is, things didnt work out, we lost, although I think the match was more evenly contested than a 2-0 scoreline might suggest.

Back
Top Bottom