***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

What did I say wrong? Suarez left King for dead at least 3 times. Even Kuyt spun him :p

As for the Europa, a half decent run and you could make anything up to £15m. May not seem like much but it'll soften the blow of missing out on £30-£35m from the CL.

The quote about it could be King's last game for Spurs was funny and probably the most cocky one, the others were just misguided hope. :p
Do we have to put smilies after posts to make it crystal clear that we're not being entirely serious? :o

Any Spurs supporters who don't want 5th need their heads examined. Better chance of attracting better players, more money and UEFA coefficient points which help to maintain their status in Europe. We're currently ranked 5th but a season without European football will see our stock plummet.

Any Spurs supporters who don't want 5th need their heads examined. Better chance of attracting better players, more money and UEFA coefficient points which help to maintain their status in Europe. We're currently ranked 5th but a season without European football will see our stock plummet.

most Spurs fans all of a sudden think they are a champions league team, its the first time they have been in it and now they are too good for Europa apparently :eek:

I'd say it helps prevent people taking things the wrong way.

In some circumstances I'd agree but I thought it's pretty clear my post was nothing more than a bit of banter.

Although if King's contract is up this summer, he might not play for them again :p

most Spurs fans all of a sudden think they are a champions league team, its the first time they have been in it and now they are too good for Europa apparently :eek:
Doesn't help that the Artful Tax Dodger appears to share that view. Don't know if it's elitism or a complete lack of understanding of European seedings. They don't qualify for Europe this year they'll end up in pot 4 the next time they qualify for the Champions League group stage.

Went to the Birmingham game today, we were so awful it was unbelievable. After 4 minutes I was hoping we come away with a draw. We looked so slow and everyone seemed to be on different wavelengths. I'm really feeling for us now as we got spurs away, and our away record is rubbish. Really don't wanna play championship football next season with West Ham !!!!

Wigan live to fight another day!! Bye bye West Ham finally.

bye bye west ham.

super charlie zogbia.

FT: Wigan 3-2 West Ham, Unbelievable.

YES THIS

What a game, first 10 mins, was like yeah, up for this, then 2 set pieces from WHU and :mad:

2 subs at half time change it all, 3 up front a godsend, why Martinez went with only 1 (Hugo), Sammon is a beast, that guy should be starting every game, Moses him and Hugo just had WHU all over place, last 10 mins it was anybodies game, end to end, everyone just upfront and no midfield.

chuckled at the plane with Avram Grant Millwall Legend

Never a dull moment watching Wigan, even got on pitch cut across to other stand to meet my mate in South stand.

Still not safe but that felt amazing.

Doesn't help that the Artful Tax Dodger appears to share that view. Don't know if it's elitism or a complete lack of understanding of European seedings. They don't qualify for Europe this year they'll end up in pot 4 the next time they qualify for the Champions League group stage.

i like your optimism :D
i kind of agree though. i wasn't that long ago that we were begging for a top 6/europa qualification and now it is apparently more of a chore than an achievment for us. i would like to see us in it and give the second fiddle players a bash at it. top 4 is going to be even tougher to get amongst next season! the thing is though, if we'd have killed off the games we should have done, we'd have been there about a month ago.

Is it worth the potential lost points in the Prem? Thursday nights away in Timbuktoo have effects on Saturday afternoon performances.

I reckon there's maybe a 6 point difference from those games and could be the difference between 6th and 4th... is it really worth it?
Had to laugh the first time he tried to turn away from King and hurt himself. :p

:D
It's not about thinking we're too good but being realistic. The Eurpoa won't really help us keep players like Bale, VDV, Modric or attract players of that ilk will it? It's CL or bust.

Last edited:
Is it worth the potential lost points in the Prem? Thursday nights away in Timbuktoo have effects on Saturday afternoon performances.

I reckon there's maybe a 6 point difference from those games and could be the difference between 6th and 4th... is it really worth it?

It's obvious that no European football will help your league form but unless you're planning on a 1 season on 1 season off from the CL then you've got to get used to playing midweek games.

As for the EL keeping/attracting players. The prestige might not make a difference but the £10-15m might.

Spurs have made just over £26m in tv/prize money from the CL, add another ~£6m in match day income. It'll be difficult for you as a club to absorb that sort of loss in 1 go without having to ship out a fair few players (especially as your wage bill has risen considerably this year too).

Last edited:
Thats incorrect.

2007/2008 36 points would have seen them relegated.

If they DONT win their next match 33 points would have seen them relegated every season from 1992 to now bar last year which is more to the point.

To be fair, thats the sky tables website not working, 2007/2008 gives VERY strange results, as in, quickly looking at the points in the bottom 3 isn't the best idea there :p

Its worth pointing out they wouldn't normally be expected to win away at Wigan considering, though they should have today. But home to Sunderland who really are the worst team in the league right now, and they'd be up in most seasons with 36 points.

Basically they are borderline and again, no other team has come remotely close to the same injury problem, and it started under Zola, though I imagine its largely lack of cash in the financial crisis that could easily have ended up in letting expensive physio's go, which isn't really a good idea. Likewise, how would Liverpool have done if Torres picked up a career ending injury after Pool got him, or any other teams top striker, and then the back up striker missing half the season.

Utter rubbish.

He did nothing to justify the Chelsea job in the first place.

At Portsmouth (Not Pompie, no matter how many time to refer to them as that) the financial crisis masked his inability and shortcomings.

At West Ham you can trot out any number of excuses but the fact remains he is simply a dreadful manager who was very lucky to have held the posts he has.

HE did nothing in the uk, but he's a highly successful manager in other leagues.

Or because its another league, beating all the other teams, with similar quality of players, means nothing. Also, again, any manager would have taken Chelsea FURTHER in the champs league than Mourinho, really, any manager?

He bought to players, Anelka and Ivanovic, both on great value deals and both have been absolutely excellent Chelsea players. He took them further than anyone else has in the Champs league, missed the league on the last day and got to a FA cup final, no, he's rubbish, truly.

If Phil Brown could have achieved the same, and if Guardiola does what Grant did, he'd be a god.

Pompie(i honestly have no idea what your problem is with that), sold half their team and had to replace them, with no money, their players were not paid month after month, they were being threatened with adminstration, had a joke owner, or three, the whole situation is laughable. Without the points deduction they weren't miles off staying up, with a makeshift team of mostly pretty poor players.

While getting to an FA cup final, again, he's awful that guy.

West Ham had, fitness wise, 3 defenders who played over 20 games in the season, they had three midfielders who played over 10 games in the season.

I fail to see how a team with that amount of injuries is supposed to play well consistantly and stay up, well, stay up easily.

Should he have done better keeping people fit, thats a very justified question, answer is, maybe, depends. He took charge with most of the sicknotes on longer term contracts without a whole heck of a lot he could do about it. Really its been a longer term issue the owners should have tackled under Zola but did smeg all.

Back
Top Bottom