***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

As a Spurs fan I think we need the UEFA cup next season. If not for our first team then definitely to keep our fringe players/youngsters on their toes.

We've got several players to ship out that should help with our wage situation for sure without us having to sell the likes of Bale/Modric/VDV et al.

As for todays result, I think we deserved it. Say all you like about VDV's goal being luck due to deflection, the guy still controlled it and put it away. Goals are often gifted by the ball coming out randomly to players. That's why they stand outside the area in the first place. Duh.

As for the penalty, I concede it was soft. But in light of that there was several moments when scouse players were falling down all over the shop trying to get decisions. So I'd like to dedicate that goal to Karma. He often comes up as a great player.

And as for the Suarez/Dawson incident, there was nothing in the challenge as such I don't think but Suarez as a professional should know to keep his cool. A deliberate kick like that cannot be justified and a yellow was suitable. The kid needs to learn self control, look what happened when he bit Bakkal. It was a 5 game ban or something like that. He's quite simply the victim of his own stupidity.

Oh and for the sake of closure, £35m for Carroll?! Ha!

And as for the Suarez/Dawson incident, there was nothing in the challenge as such I don't think but Suarez as a professional should know to keep his cool. A deliberate kick like that cannot be justified and a yellow was suitable. The kid needs to learn self control, look what happened when he bit Bakkal. It was a 5 game ban or something like that. He's quite simply the victim of his own stupidity.

Oh and for the sake of closure, £35m for Carroll?! Ha!

It wasn't a bite, it was a nibble

Thought I'd save you a job :)

Say all you like about VDV's goal being luck due to deflection, the guy still controlled it and put it away.

I don't think anybody has said it was all down to luck but you've got to accept the deflection was a slice of good fortune.

From Liverpool's point of view, it was just 1 of those days. I certainly don't think we deserved to win but equally, it's difficult to say we deserved to lose either. I didn't think there was anything in the game; I can't recall Spurs having a single clear chance all game and the only 2 chances we created (Spearing's shot dragged wide and the Carroll header), we didn't hit the target.
Thought I'd save you a job :)

:D

It was and he didn't pull Rafael's hair, he gave him a pat on the head :p

He's certainly got his wild side but that's what makes him the player he is. The other day against Fulham, he was going mental at the ref and lino for not giving us a pen in the last minute when we were 5-2 up. I can see him talking himself into trouble soon.

Last edited:
You got a slice of luck with the deflection for the first goal and then dodgy penalty.

I don't think anybody has said it was all down to luck but you've got to accept the deflection was a slice of good fortune

O rly?

You said it yourself silly balls.

Needless to say its hardly entirely luck, as I've already said, if you're waiting in those areas in case the ball comes out to you. It's not luck, it's just knowing where to be at the right time.

Stop making petty excuses, it was a quality goal just accept it.

O rly?

You said it yourself silly balls.

Needless to say its hardly entirely luck, as I've already said, if you're waiting in those areas in case the ball comes out to you. It's not luck, it's just knowing where to be at the right time.

Stop making petty excuses, it was a quality goal just accept it.

:confused:

Read the 2 posts again please :)

Saying you had a slice of luck with a deflection and saying the goal was all down to luck or a complete fluke are worlds apart.

It's not an excuse either, it's just stating what happened. And you have low standards if you think a deflected goal is a quality goal.

:confused:

Read the 2 posts again please :)

Saying you had a slice of luck with a deflection and saying the goal was all down to luck or a complete fluke are worlds apart.

It's not an excuse either, it's just stating what happened. And you have low standards if you think a deflected goal is a quality goal.

Alright, well maybe a slice of luck doesn't equal all luck, but if there was then only a slice of luck involved where does the rest of it lie? And it can't be fluke/good fortune because he was standing in the zone where 9 times out of 10, if its cleared from a corner, it will land in or around that area.

So quite frankly I still think you're just making pee poor excuses for what was quite frankly just a decent goal.

I'd question whether any goal that takes a deflection to beat the keeper can be a quality goal (unless it's a 20 pass move or similar).

As for where does the rest lie? I've not said anything other than you had a slice of luck with the deflection :confused:

It was a good take and strike by VdV but it was the deflection that gave Reina no chance. I'm not sure what's wrong with saying that and I think you're being a bit defensive.

Are you for real? :confused:

Didn't you just accept and understand that I said you had a 'slice of luck with the deflection' 2 post ago?

And you can watch that as much as you like, nobody can tell where the ball is going before the deflection but the deflection looped it over Reina and into the top corner. In fact, I'd say before the deflection the ball would have gone to Reina's right and it's ended up going in his top left corner :/

Are you for real? :confused:

Didn't you just accept and understand that I said you had a 'slice of luck with the deflection' 2 post ago?

And you can watch that as much as you like, nobody can tell where the ball is going before the deflection but the deflection looped it over Reina and into the top corner. In fact, I'd say before the deflection the ball would have gone to Reina's right and it's ended up going in his top left corner :/

I accepted that you thought their might have been a 'slice' but you hardly told me where the rest of the goal came from if there was only a slice of luck contributing to it.

What I think you're trying to say is he got lucky with the ball deflecting to him and then he got lucky with reina being in the wrong place.

Both of which I disagree with.

Players stand in that location anticipating the ball to come out there. And as I've said just now, Reina was composed and could have stopped it but for the fact that it was a superb strike. Unless of course you're trying to say if got a deflection once he had shot it? If so I can't see a deflection on that strike at all.

Unless of course you're trying to say if got a deflection once he had shot it? If so I can't see a deflection on that strike at all.

I think that's the confusion. That is exactly what I'm saying and I think a trip to specsavers is needed for you :)

There's a very clear deflection and you can see that in the flight of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom