***SPOILERS*** Football 14 -17 May 2010/2011

Soldato
Whatever way you look at it, Tottenham are most probably definitely in it, even if the wheeler dealer doesnt really want to be in there!

Soldato
Thats a strange phrase :p

Indeed, time to go back to sleep i think, im starting night shifts tonight :( English was never my strongest subject at school :p

I'll blame the gallaghers of oasis for that, had to see their ugly faces all over the tv this weekend :p

Last edited:
Associate
Fulham have had 8 bookings in the last two games - call me cynical but....

The more important issue for me as a spurs fan is that qualifying via the Fair Play route means that you start your season about three weeks earlier than normal due to the qualifying rounds, meaning that the race for fifth has definate importance now.

Soldato
Fulham have had 8 bookings in the last two games - call me cynical but....

The more important issue for me as a spurs fan is that qualifying via the Fair Play route means that you start your season about three weeks earlier than normal due to the qualifying rounds, meaning that the race for fifth has definate importance now.

It begins in just over a month, way too early.

Soldato
http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

Only shows matches up to 30th April, and with the booking in Fulham's recent games, I'm not surprised that they've slipped.

According to the BBC, the UEFA fair play rules are for the year from 1st May 2010 to 30th April 2011, so perhaps that's why the PL fair play league has stopped there? They're on the same (weird) date schedule? :confused:

In which case, the place is surely Fulham's, no doubt about it.

EDIT: Yup, Although there's nothing on the PL site to confirm it, that's definitely how the UEFA overall table works. I'd guess it has to be done slightly earlier to give them time to schedule everything.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well luckily Between west ham and milwall we have the countries troglodyte population of footie fans tucked away neatly in London. I'm glad they've gone down, worse than us Newcastle fans for living off the past all you hear is 'we won the world cup' :rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean tbh :confused:

as Newcastle fan I am proud of how we played in the 90's to early 2000's, we were the attacking entertainers, one of the best teams to watch at the time, a team could score 4 against us and we would batter them with 5, dispatching teams like Man Utd and Barcelona with free flow football. Most Toon fans want us to play like they did at those good times, it isnt living in the past but wanting to bring it back.

But one thing you got right, HAHAHHAH West Ham you mugs, Avram Grump sent you down on his own :D

Man of Honour
sky are now showing the spurs v brum game on sunday

I am expecting them to do their usual last day of the season thing and show key matches simultaneously on all their channels. So maybe we'll get Spurs v Brum on SS1, Villa v Liverpool on SS2, Wigan on SS3 and Wolves on SS4 or something like that. Always liked it when they do the simultaneous broadcasts on the final day :)

EDIT : Yeah, just checked it out and they are showing 3 matches simultaneously, just need to wait to see which 3. I'm guessing as they are showing the spurs one, the Liverpool one will be another. Probably the 3rd will either be Stoke v Wigan or maybe the Wolves v Blackburn match as one or both of those could go down.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you can get hold of showsports or abu dabi sports sat tv channels, its worth it, six epl games a week on that broadcaster. Thats if its leagal, don't know if sub cards are available in uk.

Don
I wouldnt be surprised if its Spurs, Liverpool and the Wolves v Blackburn match. We'll just have to wait and see what they pick.

It'll be Spurs - Birmingham and Utd - Blackpool for certain and if they show a 3rd and 4th match it'll be the Wolves - Blackburn and then Stoke - Wigan games.

Soldato
I am expecting them to do their usual last day of the season thing and show key matches simultaneously on all their channels. So maybe we'll get Spurs v Brum on SS1, Villa v Liverpool on SS2, Wigan on SS3 and Wolves on SS4 or something like that. Always liked it when they do the simultaneous broadcasts on the final day :)

EDIT : Yeah, just checked it out and they are showing 3 matches simultaneously, just need to wait to see which 3. I'm guessing as they are showing the spurs one, the Liverpool one will be another. Probably the 3rd will either be Stoke v Wigan or maybe the Wolves v Blackburn match as one or both of those could go down.

Why on earth would they show the Liverpool game? It's got pretty much nothing riding on it :confused:

Spurs v Birmingham or Stoke v Wigan
Wolves v Blackburn
United v Blackpool

Nailed on!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Why on earth would they show the Liverpool game? It's got pretty much nothing riding on it :confused:

Spurs v Birmingham
Wolves v Blackburn
United v Blackpool

Nailed on!!

Fight for 5th?

As I say, just have to wait and see whats picked, unless we have some employees of Sky Sports here, we just dont know.

Back
Top Bottom