Spring meet 5th April 2014

Associate
don't worry too much, i only have 25 see sees more :p its not about the size of the engine, its about how much you can throw her around...... ;)

Soldato
OP
1200 cc's boys, 150 ponies whisking me along on my red sofa.

Awwwww yeaaaaaaaaa.

Oh, note, bring along your better halfs if you want. I'm bringing mine, and no doubt she would like some female company.

Soldato
OP
I dunno, the GSX650F is pretty heavy for the size of the bike (241kg inc fuel) and has only 85~hp lol

I've said this many times, my 748S was and I still think, is the most fun bike I've ever owned, I've had 2 748's now. They were both old, slow and sluggish.

But in reality I am still head over heels for it, it had maybe 93hp when the engine was rebuilt at Louigi Moto.

However, I loved that I could rag that thing like I stole it everywhere, it was the most fun I've ever had on a bike. My 1098S, I will be honest, didn't think much of it. It was a bloody quick bike, don't get me wrong. But that was it's main problem.

Unless you ride the bike hard, it was a chore to ride. I didn't like it around towns, I didn't like it on weekend rides as most of the time I was fighting it to behave. Only when I went to triple figure speeds and pushed my skills to the limits. Which were way lower than the abilities of the bikes did it become a fun bike... Because of that, I didn't enjoy it.

Trust me mate, having low hp on todays roads is still more than enough. If you went onto a current 1L bike, you might feel the same after seeing that the power simply cannot be used and thus, not as fun.

Soldato
I've said this many times, my 748S was and I still think, is the most fun bike I've ever owned, I've had 2 748's now. They were both old, slow and sluggish.

But in reality I am still head over heels for it, it had maybe 93hp when the engine was rebuilt at Louigi Moto.

However, I loved that I could rag that thing like I stole it everywhere, it was the most fun I've ever had on a bike. My 1098S, I will be honest, didn't think much of it. It was a bloody quick bike, don't get me wrong. But that was it's main problem.

Unless you ride the bike hard, it was a chore to ride. I didn't like it around towns, I didn't like it on weekend rides as most of the time I was fighting it to behave. Only when I went to triple figure speeds and pushed my skills to the limits. Which were way lower than the abilities of the bikes did it become a fun bike... Because of that, I didn't enjoy it.

Trust me mate, having low hp on todays roads is still more than enough. If you went onto a current 1L bike, you might feel the same after seeing that the power simply cannot be used and thus, not as fun.

The only problem i have with the bike, (which isn't really a problem...) is that it's an all-rounder bike. It doesn't excel at anything but doesn't suck at anything either. Which just doesn't give it anything to be excited about but is easy to ride.

At least with a 748/s you have the torque, it's lighter and more nimble.

I think i would've prefered the Aprilia Shiver or Street Triple R. Either of which will be my next bike.

Soldato
OP
The only problem i have with the bike, (which isn't really a problem...) is that it's an all-rounder bike. It doesn't excel at anything but doesn't suck at anything either. Which just doesn't give it anything to be excited about but is easy to ride.

At least with a 748/s you have the torque, it's lighter and more nimble.

I think i would've prefered the Aprilia Shiver or Street Triple R. Either of which will be my next bike.

Have a jump on it at the meet if you want. I know what you mean. But for that reason I think it is perfect for the road. Also, even in the lowest setting, it gives my old 748 a run for it's money...

Oh an on topic about the meet, I'm thinking end of March? Sound good?

Back
Top Bottom