Stalker 2

It's been years since i played the original Stalker, was such a good game with lots of little jump scares! The first time meeting the mind controller really freaked me out :cry:.

I ran for dear life :cry:

The original was a game that could not run performant at the time due to the engine being quite demanding, and also quite buggy from what I recall. It was many years before it ran well, then mods started to come out.

This seems to be a dynamic shift by contrast, and GSC aren't using stock UE5 assets either, they've gone the extra mile to use everything bespoke to fit in with the game's world we all grew to know. 20 zones which are distinct on their own and could be individual games in themselves as a result from what we are being told.

Cannot wait.

@Nexus18 will not like this news. Game will likely not launch with hardware RT, only software (Lumen), so we can expect screen space reflections and RT noise artefacting due to Lumen being interior in the software path.

@Nexus18 will not like this news. Game will likely not launch with hardware RT, only software (Lumen), so we can expect screen space reflections and RT noise artefacting due to Lumen being interior in the software path.

I will.play on launch and again like 2 years or so later when it has it :D

Still better than outdated raster methods :cry:

A little OT, I played S.T.A.L.K.E.R which was fairly good, but never touched Clear Sky or Pripyat, what were they, did they follow the story on or where they expansions?

I'm interested to hear more about the modding plans and how them striving for cross platform will affect modders ability to create the mods they want to. Hopefully the devs don't limit modding only to the Mod.io and steam workshop.

Looks like a positive experience technically from DF, granted it's console but but it bodes well for us.

A little OT, I played S.T.A.L.K.E.R which was fairly good, but never touched Clear Sky or Pripyat, what were they, did they follow the story on or where they expansions?

They do all follow along the same overarching story, taking place from different points of view. Shadow of Chernobyl should be played first, Clear Sky is the prequel in which you play as Scar, one of the guys from the recent trailer (cool to see him again given the lore).

Call of Pripyat was the sequel in which you play as a guy from the military (can't spell his name :cry:) investigating some events following the ending of Shadow. Each game kind of adds details here and there on the characters/factions and fleshes them out a bit.

I'm actually quite excited to see where they go with 2, some of the trailers have featured some interesting characters from the previous games so far.

Looking forwards to this and hopefully exploring the eerie abandoned apartments near the feris wheel again.

I remember when Clear skies came out. The God rays melted GPU's. I wonder if this will have a similar feature :D

Looking forwards to this and hopefully exploring the eerie abandoned apartments near the feris wheel again.

I remember when Clear skies came out. The God rays melted GPU's. I wonder if this will have a similar feature :D

Even the first game, probably due to optimisation, was an absolute PC melter back in the day :cry:

This game is the reason I've got a 4090 & 7800X3D :o

Thanks for the confirmation. I had also ordered from them before but always games post release so was not sure on the concept for a preorder.

First time in a long time I have too many options to play; currently on a daily fix of war thunder, learning DCS slowly, way of the hunter and need to revisit satisfactory due to full release.

Figure this will be another genre to enjoy!

Thanks for the confirmation. I had also ordered from them before but always games post release so was not sure on the concept for a preorder.

First time in a long time I have too many options to play; currently on a daily fix of war thunder, learning DCS slowly, way of the hunter and need to revisit satisfactory due to full release.

Figure this will be another genre to enjoy!
I've been using them almost exclusively for years, just checked and bought 33 different games from them...never had an issue with any key.

Back
Top Bottom