Stalker 2

Associate
Good lord, this looks incredible. I sunk so much time into the Stalker games, I love the setting and aesthetic - dove right into everything Stalker-adjacent after playing COP (including Andrei Tarkovsky's film, which is a work of genius (imo)). Although I've not yet read Roadside Picnic.

Cannot wait to get back into the Zone. I may replay (again) in anticipation.

Associate
I'd thoroughly recommend a visit. Stalker is responsible for Pripyat being my holiday destination of choice for about the last 7 years :D

My best friend from Primary School used to do the English (and some others - he was an interpreter fluent in like 11 languages) language guided tour of the Chernobyl site. He tried to get me to come over multiple times, and I kept putting it off due to the cost and reports of the proliferation of spiders in the zone (I have extreme arachnophobia, it's genuinely crippling). Sadly, he passed away (not radiation related!) a couple of years ago, and now I really regret never taking him up on it.

I think it's something that'll have to wait until retirement, but it's definitely on the bucket list.

Soldato
My best friend from Primary School used to do the English (and some others - he was an interpreter fluent in like 11 languages) language guided tour of the Chernobyl site. He tried to get me to come over multiple times, and I kept putting it off due to the cost and reports of the proliferation of spiders in the zone (I have extreme arachnophobia, it's genuinely crippling). Sadly, he passed away (not radiation related!) a couple of years ago, and now I really regret never taking him up on it.

I think it's something that'll have to wait until retirement, but it's definitely on the bucket list.

If it's of any use, I went to Chernobyl last February and I can't remember seeing any spiders at all. Obviously all of the buildings are open and abandoned and maybe because it was so cold it helped?

Soldato

Ah that's a shame. Although I'm there are spiders, I can't say I've ever noticed and I've been 6 times now.

Associate
Ah mate =(

It's such a fascinating site. I've read so much. Hopefully you get your amazeballs tour soon. I had so much big stuff cancelled last year, it was crushing.

Thanks! I mean, in a year when some people lost everything, I'm not going to complain, but it definitely was a bucket-list thing. We replaced the experience by locking ourselves in a darkened lounge in binging on the HBO boxset :p

Associate
Thanks! I mean, in a year when some people lost everything, I'm not going to complain, but it definitely was a bucket-list thing. We replaced the experience by locking ourselves in a darkened lounge in binging on the HBO boxset :p

Too true. The greatest disappointment of the last 15 months for me has been how awful we seem to be as a society, when it comes to supporting the most affected at a time of great collective tragedy and strain. I'll handover my Glastonbury, Boston Calling and Reading tickets right now if we could fix that =|.

Associate
Too true. The greatest disappointment of the last 15 months for me has been how awful we seem to be as a society, when it comes to supporting the most affected at a time of great collective tragedy and strain. I'll handover my Glastonbury, Boston Calling and Reading tickets right now if we could fix that =|.

Way to think big! I don't think any amount of festival tickets are gonna fix that one!

To get back to OP, am I the only one that thinks that it just looks like a remaster of the 1st? Maybe I was expecting a bit much?

Back
Top Bottom