Stalker 2

Soldato
Recommended system requirements have been released

3700x/9700k
16gb ram
Rtx2070 Super
150GB ssd space

notice how these system requirement components are very similar in performance to the PlayStation 5

Soldato
Out of interest, as someone who will *probably* only visit once, do you have any recommendations?

I've always gone with a tour that starts in Slavutych and takes the workforce train to the power plant. Full days from Tuesday to Friday then back to Kiev for Saturday, floy home Sunday. In more recent years we've spent the weekend before in Kiev becuase it's a great city. Each time I've been I've done something different - climbed Duga, rode on top of an APC (until it broke down - it is Ukraine after all :) ) frightened the locals in an inflatable T Rex costume, driven an RC Lada Niva around Pripyat, crashed my drone more than once, eating too much food grown and cooked in the irradiated soil, mistaken the stage at the strip club for the toilet (that honestly happened) had my head set on fire whilst drinking shots.

The powerplant tour visiting the control rooms and standing on top of reactor 3 was a particular highlight of the last trip.

Generally just the very best time, making some lifelong friendships, together with taking in the beauty of the place and its eventual demise into the ground.

Associate
Obviously that sounds incredible. Possibly given me enough hype to start thinking about 2023 (2022 is fully-booked already).

Back on topic, those minimum specs are beastly, but we're looking at a 2022 release; hopefully progress will have been made in the upgrade battle by then.

Associate
Loved the originals, especially Call of Pripyat. This really looks the part & has the atmosphere. I hope they leave at least some of the uncompromising 'work it out yourself' nature of the originals in there.

Soldato
This will be a definite buy for me, unless they royally screw it up. I'll pass on the pre order and wait for the reviews, like any sane person:p

Associate
Can't wait ! I remember when back in the 2006 my brother had an alpha of stalker... and I loved every single minute of it. After release in Poland, they made AMAZING job with voiceover. This game is brilliant. I am hoping S2 to had the same atmosphere.

Associate
When something is released first on console, I always have fears that it will be designed for console controls, I hope it doesn't end up being a bad port.

Associate
Having grown up with Stalker games and books (the universe is based on Strugatsy brothers' "Roadside Picnic") I can say one thing: if they manage to keep the atmosphere of the trilogy intact, with the bandits shouting "Маслину поймал" they can take my money any day. I would not expect great gameplay from the studio, definitely not Metro Exodus, but lets hope for the best!

Caporegime
Yeah, I really hope it doesn't turn out to be too much like the Metro games, 'cause although way too early to say for sure, that's the impression I'm left with at present.

Associate
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Is one of those games I picked up in a sale for very cheap knew nothing about it really and was just blown away. For its time its was very ground breaking. Not played anything that comes close to nailing an atmopshere like it did.

Loved how hard it was at the start and just made you feel like a stalker. Very excited for this as METRO just never did it for me, to much hand holding.

No doubt they screw it up and its nothing like the orignal 3.

Associate
23423555.png

Back
Top Bottom