Stalker 2

Soldato
This is the reason I built a new PC in July, have been waiting on it for years, and it looks fantastic. I want the super duper £300 physical edition with the STALKER figurine, lamp, backpack etc. but I have no idea if it will be available in the UK or not. I know, sucker if I pay that much, but I don't care, it's literally my most anticipated game.

Edit: It looks like the release has actually been delayed again, to Q1 2024 now :(
You don't even get a Stalker Coin? O_o

Soldato
Have the overwhelming urge to say that this will be the most disappointing game for a while :(

Really don't want it to be, but the western voice acting is rubbish compared to the Ukrainian in the first series, and the graphics in that trailer aren't wowing me massively :(
Either has been shown the console version (hopefully) or it has been downgraded substantially. Of course, assuming what was shown until now wasn't just pre rendered stuff.
At least fingers crossed that it will be easy to mod.

Man of Honour
OP
Just watched the trailer again, that is a HUGE downgrade in graphics relative to early trailers, almost looks dated in certain places.
Looking forward to it and still hoping, but yeah, that trailer, the audio wasnt great, the graphics werent great. I worry that this is going to be one of those "should have left it alone" sequels but still crossing my fingers

Soldato
Just watched the trailer again, that is a HUGE downgrade in graphics relative to early trailers, almost looks dated in certain places.

Noticed the game is using Lumen and Nanite like Aveum

That means performance is going to be ass in this game. You'll need an RTX 4090 to get 60fps at 1080p

Associate
Noticed the game is using Lumen and Nanite like Aveum

That means performance is going to be ass in this game. You'll need an RTX 4090 to get 60fps at 1080p

Well the trailer game play looks to be running at 15 fps so wouldn't surprise me.

As a big fan of the original 3 games and currently doing a play through of stalker gamma im hopeful but the voice acting alone is a massive turnoff.

Caporegime
I've heard worse voice acting, though I definitely would rather have the original language in place.

Graphically, I thought it looked good. I doubt I'll buy it until reviews are out. I don't intend to spend nearly £100 on a game.

Soldato
Well the trailer game play looks to be running at 15 fps so wouldn't surprise me.

As a big fan of the original 3 games and currently doing a play through of stalker gamma im hopeful but the voice acting alone is a massive turnoff.

Thats how the original game run for me too haha, I can't remember what gpu I had at the time but when I tried to l play it it run around 25fps

Caporegime
I was using a 7800GTX 256mb and an Athlon 2500XP.
I stopped playing it for about eighteen months due to low performance. By then, I had better hardware, so that's when I really got stuck into it.

Soldato
Why are they persisting with the cheesy American voice acting? :confused:

The biggest charm of the first game was that it felt like you were around the Chernobyl NPP.

And yeah, the graphics don't really look amazing.

Also dread to think how buggy this will be on release.

I want to be proven wrong, but feel like this will be yet another disappointing release after years of disappointing game releases for me :(

Soldato
Why are they persisting with the cheesy American voice acting? :confused:

The biggest charm of the first game was that it felt like you were around the Chernobyl NPP.

And yeah, the graphics don't really look amazing.

Also dread to think how buggy this will be on release.

I want to be proven wrong, but feel like this will be yet another disappointing release after years of disappointing game releases for me :(
Agree, I have a pal who I introduced to the stalker series who pre-ordered this and he is going to be disappointed..

Soldato
Hard to make a call on the graphics based on that video.

However, the voices are all wrong. That trailer would be so much better without the American voice acting.

Stalker 2 has a lot of live up to. Can it possibly fulfil the levels of expectation there is around it?

Soldato
Thanks to STALKER, when I first visited the zone, it honestly felt like I was coming back to places I'd been too before.

Will reserve judgement but it's not looking good so far.

I went in 2020 and it was so similar it was unreal!

Hard to make a call on the graphics based on that video.

However, the voices are all wrong. That trailer would be so much better without the American voice acting.

Stalker 2 has a lot of live up to. Can it possibly fulfil the levels of expectation there is around it?

If the last few years are anything to go by, I highly doubt it.

Feel bad criticising considering the environment they're having to make the game in, but I can't just say its great when(if) it isn't!

Surely they could use this as an opportunity to give some Ukranian voice actors some work, and also write some massive digs toward Russia into the story?!

Soldato
I went in 2020 and it was so similar it was unreal!

Nice - how long were you there for? My first was 2014 and then every year execept 2020 I think because of COVID. We typically stayed in Slavutych and caught the train but last tour in 21 we stayed in Chernobyl town.

We had plans for Odessa, overnight train to Kyiv and then the zone for 22 :(

Back
Top Bottom