Stalker Coin

as i already said BALDURS GATE RARE ORIGINAL RETAIL BOX PC CD ROM GAME This seller accepts PayPal Buy It Now £6.99
can grab one right now for less than a tenner

yeah? And I can buy a toy car for a £5 now. yet one from 30 years ago in it;s box might cost a collector a few hundred bob.

I stil lwant to see this coin though.

I've got an empty coke bottle here that I've just carved a unique design into with a stanley knife.

I intend to give it to my grandchildren in years to come so that they might sell it for vast riches and never want for anything. After all, its the only one of its kind, its gotta be worth something.

I'll provide pics later if anyone's interested.

That reminds me of the time we were so bored at work we put 3 coke cans up on ebay.

Edit: ooops quoted the wrong person.

yeah? And I can buy a toy car for a £5 now. yet one from 30 years ago in it;s box might cost a collector a few hundred bob.

i dont believe any computer game has ever been worth a great deal of money so far you can still pick up some classic spectrum ,c64 , amiga games for next to nothing what makes you think some pc game will be any different?

i dont believe any computer game has ever been worth a great deal of money so far you can still pick up some classic spectrum ,c64 , amiga games for next to nothing what makes you think some pc game will be any different?

I don;t, but i'm not sure if this a coin is meant to be from BG (I'm talking about the coins value rather than the game copy) or from stalker or something else entirely.

if you can find the right collector all sorts of old crap that you or i might only pay a quid for a a boot sale can go for hundreds of quid.

That's why I said certain things will increase in value, if kept in pristine condition. Boxed toy cars is a great example.

I don't see this happening with a PC game, and a coin derived from another PC game.

That reminds me of the time we were so bored at work we put 3 coke cans up on ebay.

Edit: ooops quoted the wrong person.

did you get anything for them?

Baldur's Gate was released in 1998 and can now be had on ebay for £6.99.
System Shock 2 was released in 1999 and can now be had on ebay for anywhere between £15 and £35.

Spot the smart investment...

Aww man, I loved System Shock. You'll have me installing it when I get home now!

System Shock 2 was released in 1999 and can now be had on ebay for anywhere between £15 and £35.

That's why I said certain things will increase in value, if kept in pristine condition. Boxed toy cars is a great example.

I don't see this happening with a PC game, and a coin derived from another PC game.

yeah probbably wont.

The boxed copy might sell for something if he can find someone who really liked BG but ruined their copy and is a weird collector who might want a pristine boxed copy.

how much do pristine unopened ff7 games go for now?

tbh a original boxed copy of BG and the coin will probably be worth quite a bit to some collector in future. just like football stickers from the 80's are now.

BG is quite a cult game.

Although it all depends on finding that collector...

I'm not convinced.
I think it is safe to say that Elite is one of the most iconic games ever.
I've still got, in near mint condition, a copy of this for the BBC B.
There is no way this has any real value no matter how popular the game.

In days gone, collectors items have been accidents.
Toys, games were played with, many destroyed and the ones that survive are worth money.
These days people buy things specifically to put to one side in the hope that one day they will be worth something - that's why it's unlikely they ever will be.

BG.

It takes longer than SS2 to finish and costs less = more entertainment for less win \o/

Neither is ever going to get great value as anyone can get a digital copy.

I'm not convinced.
I think it is safe to say that Elite is one of the most iconic games ever.
I've still got, in near mint condition, a copy of this for the BBC B.
There is no way this has any real value no matter how popular the game.

like i said in the other post i thought the coin was from BG as well and was mostly talking about that.

Anyone got a pic of this coin?

@stoofa just like you, it will be antique, even tho you will be worth jack s...

@Skyfall depends how many are around, which i am sure you know without my help, so keep it coming.
Stalker games are already a cult, please keep up with the news, this forum is so insular it is sad.
Tefal is the only one who gets it.

Like the massive amount of people collecting star wars stuff, surely there are too many people with this stuff for it to ever really make big money.

There's a good Calvin & Hobbes cartoon about this - Calvin is explaining to Hobbes about how his comic book collection will be valuable one day and Hobbes raises this point, to which Calvin says that all the kids are banking on each other's mums throwing out their collections.

yeah probbably wont.

The boxed copy might sell for something if he can find someone who really liked BG but ruined their copy and is a weird collector who might want a pristine boxed copy.

how much do pristine unopened ff7 games go for now?

a couple of hundred quid aparently yet no one seems to be buying them as some of them are only on for a few more days before the add runs out.

in another 70 years when everyone who remembers ff7 dies off the value will probably be next to nothing again.

Back
Top Bottom