Star Trek Bridge Crew - Tonight?

Soldato
Well, a short but sweet 2 missions. Did the 2nd campaign mission twice, first time had Shi stuck in the captains seat, unable to swap around, and me desperately trying to swap between the other 3. Failed a few bits and pieces. 2nd time around had me in the captains seat (albeit only very very briefly, mostly swapping between engineer and tactical), with Shi learning to pilot, and doing a pretty decent job of it! Completed everything perfectly that time (well, ignoring hull damage).

New learnings! Closer you are to a transport target, the faster you lock onto signals. Not sure if it gets faster as you get closer, or it's only from the moment you push the lock on button though. Useful knowledge either way. Next, when an enemy ship comes out of cloak, if you hit it before it's shields are fully up, they get stuck at whatever % you hit them at (well, lower, since it knocks them down). Managed to destroy multiple enemies without taking a shot back, by blasting them out of the sky with a full phaser barrage and 2 torpedoes.

Soldato
Hi Guys, Sorry, wasn't around for the last couple of weeks. Only got a couple of Quick VR gaming sessions.

I really missed the Monday night Star Trek Bridge Crew meet ups!!

Seems like you guys learned a lot from last Monday's adventures :)

Soldato
I felt we were vaguely competent!

I wonder if you actually need to do much in the first sector. Or if really you just need to wait until events to happen, then impulse out? So balls to engines at first, use phasers to try and take out as many shields etc, and then transport survivors till we need to move to the next sector (with hopefully greater hull levels).

Soldato
I would say don't use any Torpedoes in the first sector, which will save some for later.

Also, Engineering is odd in that it's the only station that doesn't see what's happening. Or did I miss something?

Soldato
I would say don't use any Torpedoes in the first sector, which will save some for later.

Also, Engineering is odd in that it's the only station that doesn't see what's happening. Or did I miss something?

That's what I was thinking, save the torpedoes. Engineering is pretty much blind, you require communication as much as possible. Full power in phasers, 4 in engines and 1 in shields is the way to fly around as normal I reckon. Maybe even route the shield power into phasers and keep an eye on overload. Then tactical needs to unload a full barrage of phasers, and as soon as it's done, send power to shields. Once shields are down to 0, then everything may as well go back into phasers.

Soldato
Guys is there any other multiplayer game out there that we could try out on Monday nights? Like We could do one mission in Star Trek and then play a round of whatever else is out there? Games like Star Trek where you can play with the people you want to play with. Ravenger mentioned one called Another Sun or something like that? Maybe We could give that a go? Any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom