Star Trek Bridge Crew

Soldato
How does it work if someone new plays with someone (or someones) that have played the campaign before?
Are there any missions where knowing what's about to happen next gives you an advantage (i.e. ambushes or cloaked vessels that don't reveal at the start)?
Other than just being more used to the controls/mechanics is there any advantage to having played the missions before?

I'd like to play with some friends, but I worry that if they know the missions they'll either plan ahead and possibly ruin some events or they'll not contribute in order to not spoil it and thus deprive me of the fun working out the mission as part of a team.

Soldato
We had a similar situation this evening.
I was meant to join a friend and accidentally ended up in the briefing room with a couple of random guys and was saying oops, I'm off to join my friend, but they got me to bring my mate in to do some missions with them.
They'd only done the prologue mission, while we'd already done the first few after that.

We didn't want to spoil anything for them on the mission or two that we'd already done and just tried to play it like it was all new to us.
I went in as engineer for the first time, whereas previously, I'd been flitting between helm and tactical, while my friend stayed as captain.
It was great fun and we all had a proper laugh. We now have another couple of good lads to play with too.

I guess it depends on who you're with tbh and I wouldn't worry too much. If you are that concerned, then just make it clear to your mates before you start the mission and hope that they act accordingly.

Soldato
OP
In short, if you've done the mission before, you are best taking a role like engineering where you can just crack on and follow orders (even if you know they are wrong) generally playing captain when you know the mission is hard to do without giving away what's coming.

That said, it can take the pressure off the new players when they are given good orders and they just need to focus on remembering how to carry those orders out.

Associate
I already have the game, not got round to it much, but have just got a second code with a VR Gaming PC bought here for a friends son for xmas, gladly trade the game for something else not VR as its something he wont ever use. ( not sure if that's allowed, if not i'll remove etc )

Soldato
I already have the game, not got round to it much, but have just got a second code with a VR Gaming PC bought here for a friends son for xmas, gladly trade the game for something else not VR as its something he wont ever use. ( not sure if that's allowed, if not i'll remove etc )

I'm broke after paying bills and have nothing to trade but thanks for the thought :)

Soldato
Stuff like trades have to happen in the members market which I don’t think you’ll have access to yet.

I’ve been late to the ball with this one, do people still play it, is it worth me picking up?

Soldato
Just noticed its 60% off at a lowball £15.99 for the next 48hrs.

Dragging it up because if you were on the fence at £40, less than half is well worth it. I'm sure there's people local on the forum that'll jump on board to form a crew if needed.

Associate
Just noticed its 60% off at a lowball £15.99 for the next 48hrs.

Dragging it up because if you were on the fence at £40, less than half is well worth it. I'm sure there's people local on the forum that'll jump on board to form a crew if needed.
Nice one!
I was considering getting this but didn't fancy spending £40 on it. £16 is well cheap, can't wait to try it haha

Back
Top Bottom