Star Trek Bridge Crew

Associate
Bought it on Steam last night for the £19.99..then saw it on the Oculus Store for the £18.99. Bally typical, but not going to die in a ditch over a quid.

Had a quick go last night and am liking it so far. Only issue I have is that my hands and arms seem severely disjointed and not going to where I am actually pointing. Think this may be due to my sensor placement and some blocking. Have some mounts coming at the weekend so can get the sensors on the ceiling and have them with a more clear view.

Think I will battle through the solo play for a while before I venture into the world of co-op play

Associate
Whats the co-op like for picking up random people? Not got anyone with a vr headset I know in my usual group. I suspect theres a fair few on here though who set-up games? Probably pick it up later on oculus store for that price

Soldato
Whats the co-op like for picking up random people? Not got anyone with a vr headset I know in my usual group. I suspect theres a fair few on here though who set-up games? Probably pick it up later on oculus store for that price

There is a Ocuk VR group as well as a few others who have the game and have played together. Just organise a game here. There is always somebody looking to play.

That was what I was getting from in here....just need to have a few glasses of brave before I get on headset

Don't need beer at all. Just arrange a game with people from this forum. There are quite a few people here with a headset and willing to play if you ask. All really nice guys/girls too. So no need to worry.

Associate
I really need to get on and have a game with you guys, but I just can't stop racing...

I have also discovered that while I love flying in Elite Dangerous, I have zero aptitude for dogfighting, can't even get past the first combat tutorial, shockingly bad. The last space sim I played seriously was Freelancer, you just made sure you had bigger guns and shields than the baddies you were up against...

Associate
Well I got it and after playing through what I think was the first solo mission, think it's pretty great.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and will be glad to multiplayer it up sometime.

Permabanned
Bought this today at the cheap price from Oculus store, can I join all games from there or as it is on Steam too, is the online stuff between them, or can Oculus store n Steam customers play together ... oh and is mic necessary, cant go wrong at that price I thought.

Just read some reviews and laughed about how nobody had an idea what to do, sounds right up my street.

Last edited:
Associate
STBC is multiplatform, if you play a random game online you can end up playing with PSVR owners, remember to point your fingers, it really erks them as they can't lol

Soldato
Yeah, worth getting if you're a Trekkie.
I've only done the tutorials and then had a go with a mate for the opening missions. Even though it's Abram's style Trek and not TNG era style, I still geeked out like a super nerd because IT'S BLOODY STAR TREK IN VR!!

My slighter younger mate, who's never seen an episode in his life wasn't as excited about it as me, but he still thought it was alright.

Back
Top Bottom