Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
It did happen in the original timeline, but after all the Trek shows - it wasn't ever depicted on screen until the Star Trek 2009 movie.

Nemesis took place in 2379 and the sun went supernova and destroyed Romulus in 2387.

The main civilisations don't have much luck do they, considering the moon of Klingon homeworld was destroyed in 2293.

Section 31 cough cough

Caporegime
I find this really funny, because Star Trek has always been "woke"

A black women and an Asian man in important positions on a starship, the first interacial kiss on TV, that episode where Riker was attracted to the gender-less alien

Building a series with a black actor as the lead (DS9), and a female lead (Voyager) etc

Edit - See here: https://trekmovie.com/2012/01/16/top-10-star-trek-episodes-dealing-with-tolerance/

That's intelligent wokeness, because it wasn't rammed down you throat with the message, look at me, I'm woke. Modern wokeness is unintelligent "ramming" and over emphasis, cliché and jargon. It's a huge difference, it's proper sci-fi Vs marketing.

Caporegime
Nemesis, everyones forgotten about that film so I wouldn't worry

Either data is always shown in a dream (which is what I think), or they have recreated B4?

Here's a really weird idea....remember datas head sat under san francisco, well maybe they stuck that head on B4s body (to hell with a timetravel paradox)

#teaearlygreyhot

There was a comic series leading upto the events of nemesis that showed that datas "consciousness" had fully emerged over time and b4 had essentially become data. That was hinted at during the end of nemesis with b4 starting to sing a song that data sang earlier in the movie.

In that comic series data commanded the enterprise e and it had been disabled by the romulan ship which was using Borg weapons before it went back in time. Presumably that comic series was considered canon.

Soldato
OP
There was a comic series leading upto the events of nemesis that showed that datas "consciousness" had fully emerged over time and b4 had essentially become data. That was hinted at during the end of nemesis with b4 starting to sing a song that data sang earlier in the movie.

In that comic series data commanded the enterprise e and it had been disabled by the romulan ship which was using Borg weapons before it went back in time. Presumably that comic series was considered canon.

what about Lore :eek: I'd forgotten about him!

Soldato
Lore was deactivated but not destroyed, there is a slim chance imo that they may have either used lores body as a ref to fix b4 and fix his memories so hes fully data or they could have wiped lores memories and put b4s memories of data into lore and lore has turned into data. Long shots but possibilities are there i think. Even if very remote.

That or his memories was downloaded into a holodeck program and that he maybe he is a hologram now, then all he has to do is pinch the voyagers doctors mobile holographic emitter.

Caporegime
Where did B4 actually come from? was he a noonensing(sp?) prototype?

I never really understood nemesis, the whole B4 thing and Picards clone.

Because it was poorly written dirge?

They dug him up on a desert planet so the cast could barrel about in a buggy and the producers could put another 'action' scene in.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Here's a really weird idea....remember datas head sat under san francisco, well maybe they stuck that head on B4s body (to hell with a timetravel paradox)

That head went back on Data's body.

Timeline of "Time's Arrow"

• 2368 - Enterprise-D recalled to Earth, Data's head found in a cavern under San Francisco with 19th century objects such as a pocketwatch along with evidence of alien involvement. Ship goes to another planet to investigate, Data gets teleported back to 1893.
  • 1893 - Data arrives in San Francisco. Needing money for a hotel room, he pawns his comm badge to get some money and gets into a poker game to make more.
  • 2368 - Ent-D away team follows Data back to 1893.
  • 1893 - Away team and Data eventually meet up. Most of the away team along with Samuel Clemens make it back through a portal to 2368, but Picard is left behind. Data is damaged by an alien device and his head is separated from his body. His body goes forward in time, his head is left behind.
  • 2368 - the head that Data lost in 1893 is reattached to his body but they can't get him to come back to life.
  • 1893 - Picard, having figured out the alien plan, leaves a message in Data's head using some iron that he finds.
  • 2368 - Geordi finds the iron in Data's head, gets Data going again. Data processes the message that Picard left in his memory. Ent-D crew stops the alien plan.
  • 1893 - Clemens goes back to his own time, finds Picard, passes on a message from Geordi that will let Picard activate the device at his end to get home.
  • 2368 - Picard travels back to the 'present' (as far as the episode is concerned). Crew finish off defeating the alien plan.
  • 1893 - Clemens leaves his pocketwatch in the cavern under San Fran along with Data's head.

Soldato
To explain b4, soong had no loyalty to the federation as often indicated like his hidden passage to the planet where data was found. He could have gone into romulan territory and tried to make the positronic brain tech there at one point in his life, maybe the romulans even funded it but then pulled out when he didnt make one at the time or a very early buggy version hence b4 and then he went back to fed space then made lore at that planet then data after learning from b4 mistakes. Who knows the real truth but it "might" explain b4 even tho its just a theory. Probably not but u never know.

Soldato
OP
That head went back on Data's body.

Timeline of "Time's Arrow"

• 2368 - Enterprise-D recalled to Earth, Data's head found in a cavern under San Francisco with 19th century objects such as a pocketwatch along with evidence of alien involvement. Ship goes to another planet to investigate, Data gets teleported back to 1893.
  • 1893 - Data arrives in San Francisco. Needing money for a hotel room, he pawns his comm badge to get some money and gets into a poker game to make more.
  • 2368 - Ent-D away team follows Data back to 1893.
  • 1893 - Away team and Data eventually meet up. Most of the away team along with Samuel Clemens make it back through a portal to 2368, but Picard is left behind. Data is damaged by an alien device and his head is separated from his body. His body goes forward in time, his head is left behind.
  • 2368 - the head that Data lost in 1893 is reattached to his body but they can't get him to come back to life.
  • 1893 - Picard, having figured out the alien plan, leaves a message in Data's head using some iron that he finds.
  • 2368 - Geordi finds the iron in Data's head, gets Data going again. Data processes the message that Picard left in his memory. Ent-D crew stops the alien plan.
  • 1893 - Clemens goes back to his own time, finds Picard, passes on a message from Geordi that will let Picard activate the device at his end to get home.
  • 2368 - Picard travels back to the 'present' (as far as the episode is concerned). Crew finish off defeating the alien plan.
  • 1893 - Clemens leaves his pocketwatch in the cavern under San Fran along with Data's head.

You'll have to forgive me, since switching to decaf coffee I struggle with time travel and potential paradoxes. I think this was all wrapped up nicely within the episode.

for a second I seemed to think his head was still under the ground.

Soldato
OP
To explain b4, soong had no loyalty to the federation as often indicated like his hidden passage to the planet where data was found. He could have gone into romulan territory and tried to make the positronic brain tech there at one point in his life, maybe the romulans even funded it but then pulled out when he didnt make one at the time or a very early buggy version hence b4 and then he went back to fed space then made lore at that planet then data after learning from b4 mistakes. Who knows the real truth but it "might" explain b4 even tho its just a theory. Probably not but u never know.

That makes sense. Maybe we should all just ignore nemesis.

Soldato
Also dont forget the possible but forbidden transporter pattern that they can use to make copies of people and data maybe. Im sure a episode in trek somewhere said about using existing patterns to fix a problem i think it was with the engineered children and polaski episode maybe to reverse the dmg by using a copy of the transporter pattern on file since last used?

Soldato
Trying to avoid spoilers, i know i was tempted by one teeser but trying not to watch more. Only few days now. :)

Hope the episodes are long episodes if its a short 10 ep run tho. Be disappointing if they were 30 mins or less per ep. Please be 1hr or more long,

Back
Top Bottom