Star Trek: Picard

Caporegime
Looks burrito. Only a few years behind the supposed timeline from Voyagers "not future" in endgame, if i don't see at least one ablative armour or transphasic i'm gonna be mad. Though the poverty trek this is meant to be is likely to going to mean low-tech tbh.

Soldato
I personally loved Voyager but wanted Neelix shot. Couldn't stand him especially in that Tuvix episode. Voyager had a lot of good episodes like Night, The Year of Hell etc.

TNG was king for me. Sir Patrick's superb dialogue delivered with a great backing cast and superb character development was a joy to behold.

DS9 I struggled with and still do. The Jam Harders were the stupidest looking enemy imo and I had to laugh everytime those clowns appeared on screen. There were some great characters though to its credit.

To be fair, most of series 1 and 2 of TNG was pretty bad, with a very few odd exceptions. Series 3 and 4 were probably the best, then they started going downhill again to a point where much of series 7 was total rubbish, with the exception of Parallels and Pegasus, maybe Thine own self and the final two parter was just about OK. I think the problem was it became too watered down by them making DS9 at the same time. Voyager only really got going after series 3. I call myself a real star trek fan and I haven't even watched the whole of the final series of DS9. I really tried to like that show but just couldn't.

Associate
Looks burrito. Only a few years behind the supposed timeline from Voyagers "not future" in endgame, if i don't see at least one ablative armour or transphasic i'm gonna be mad. Though the poverty trek this is meant to be is likely to going to mean low-tech tbh.

Don't really think it matters what they call the tech- everything will be relative. For every super new torpedo there'll be a super new shield counter. The problem with inventing too much super hi-tech is you may just take the jeopardy out of everything. Like how the transporters, for a while, became a cure all.
Anyway, I think they'll probably end up on a non-Starfleet vessel. Or at least a civvie one that won't have the bells and whistles of whatever Starfleet is sporting in this time.

Brent spiner looking old there! :( Lots of makeup/CGI needed!

So he is playing Data, not b-4 who was in the drawer. Spiner said he's in a few episodes but maybe not how you expect so I think maybe Data has loaded or hooked his head into the ship? So we may have the voice and character of data, just not a physical presence?

Caporegime
Don't really think it matters what they call the tech- everything will be relative. For every super new torpedo there'll be a super new shield counter. The problem with inventing too much super hi-tech is you may just take the jeopardy out of everything. Like how the transporters, for a while, became a cure all.
Anyway, I think they'll probably end up on a non-Starfleet vessel. Or at least a civvie one that won't have the bells and whistles of whatever Starfleet is sporting in this time.

So he is playing Data, not b-4 who was in the drawer. Spiner said he's in a few episodes but maybe not how you expect so I think maybe Data has loaded or hooked his head into the ship? So we may have the voice and character of data, just not a physical presence?

I don't really care about the tech so much as the consistency from voyager, it literally brought with it two major techs and should bloody well be used by this point. It creates a sense of a connection with relevant material.

I already assumed they'd be in a more conventional space craft, it's everything around it that's still top of the line, unless of course they're just going to conveniently miss every federation ship for the entire season. Not that it would be unusual for there to be inconsistent story telling in a trek show, as it wasn't used in Nemesis, but its been ages since then.

Last edited:
Associate
I personally loved Voyager but wanted Neelix shot. Couldn't stand him especially in that Tuvix episode. Voyager had a lot of good episodes like Night, The Year of Hell etc.

TNG was king for me. Sir Patrick's superb dialogue delivered with a great backing cast and superb character development was a joy to behold.

DS9 I struggled with and still do. The Jam Harders were the stupidest looking enemy imo and I had to laugh everytime those clowns appeared on screen. There were some great characters though to its credit.

Neelix didn't bother me at all, any episode involving Naomi Wildman on the other hand...

Back
Top Bottom