1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by TheOracle, May 17, 2019.

1. Usher

Mobster

Great news, I have an original full size Star Trek Pinball machine featuring Picard on the back box

[​IMG]

2. Feek

Commissario

What words?

Same and I really can’t be bothered to go through and watch the whole series.

3. TheOracle

Capodecina

Star Trek Voyager had some really fantastic episodes

4. Efour

Capodecina

7 of 9 was a decent character. how she turned out 20 years later will be interesting. Extremely "human" it looks like. Which is nice :p
    I look back at voyager now and yes after a cliche start and Neelix, lol. It really got good and challenged the Star trek philosophy and ideals.

As for Patrick Stewart, damn i feel so sad seeing him now. Same as in Logan. I dont think hes going to be gracing our TV screens for much longer. Which is utterly tragic.

Borg storyline. Well thats ok. It looks just fine. Happy to see how it turns out. Growing up with TNNG, DS9, Voyager, this seems more like "My Star trek"

5. VincentHanna

Capodecina

"Shut up, Wesley"

I'm guessing

6. VincentHanna

Capodecina

They made him look older in 'Logan' believe it or not.

7. JRS

Capodecina

Probably related to the problem of Discovery not being all that good.

Prettily shot, undoubtedly. Plenty of funds for making it, unquestionably. Consistently well-written? Nooooooooooope. Acting by the main cast any good? Noooooooooooooope. Continuity with the rest of the pre-established universe?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

With "Picard", the showrunners aren't as bound by continuity because they've set the show much later. So they can now tell stories that don't have to end "and then they were all forgotten about, because some admiral ordered it"...

8. Bubo

Soldato

Desperately hoping the Data scene was not just a holodeck based cameo, and a more substantial role for Brent Spiner.

9. d_brennen

Capodecina

He'll need plenty of makeup unless the story includes android aging :p

10. Jokester

Don

And CGI the middle age spread off him as well :p

11. Gerard

Caporegime

Surprised they can't do much to "de-age" him considering it's been used in a few movies as of late. Might not have the budget to make use of that technique or maybe the face paint makes it harder to do? That short clip of him just looked weird, like the mouth was too small or the cheeks too puffed out.

Could also be we've not really seen Brent Spiner as Data filmed in proper HD/4K or whatever res they're filming it in, so maybe stuff just stands out more than it did in TNG and the movies. The eyes for example looked much more elaborate than they have in the past.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  12. TheOracle

Capodecina

All things considered, I thought data looked pretty good.

13. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Agreed. Overall it was a bit silly, but I have watched all seasons a good few times. I enjoyed the adventure and into the unknown aspect of it. Actually preferred it to DS9 and TNG.

14. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

Let's not knock off discovery just yet. TNG took two seasons to get good and STD has some good plot devices.

But this looks great and it seems like a good vessel for bringing back loads of characters from TNG even if it's just for a cameo .

15. Gerard

Caporegime

Some were almost carbon copies of tng episodes, mostly Voyager just showed the Borg as being incredibly stupid.

16. Kyo

Mobster

Looks quite good!!

17. ElliorR

Sgarrista

The problem with Voyager was Neelix. I hated him as much as I hated Jar Jar ******* Binks.

18. Mark1989

Capodecina

Voyager was my first star trek I followed fully start to end, to me it's great and loved it.

I attempted deep space nine but my god I just hated it, this however looks great.

Ive enjoyed discovery too ill probably get slapped now haha :p

19. AthlonXP1800

Mobster

20. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Discovery season 2 got real good. You aren’t alone.

DS9 was often quite slow.