1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Random Guy Esq., Apr 9, 2019.

1. ic1male

Caporegime

Well, that does make things more interesting. I like Metroidvania.

2. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

That makes it way more interesting. Hopefully they are trying not to overhype it.

3. McBain

Capodecina

That does sound interesting, the video they showed of the combat looked absolute garbage, the AI was dreadful.... if the game was a linear hack and slash fest I can see that getting boring quickly.

I'm more interested after hearing the above, will have to keep an eye on it.

4. Nasher

Capodecina

Looks like Jedi Knight, except slow/easy and you cant use guns. Also none existent AI...

5. Random Guy Esq.

Wise Guy

I'd have said Force Unleashed, but yeah I get your point. Which makes it even more baffling that they used it - multiple sources since have said that the game is so much more than that. I'm not saying get your hopes up that it'll be good or anything, but it seems it's definitely a different beast to how it was demoed at E3.

6. Nasher

Capodecina

Yep at least they did show some gameplay. Unlike most of the others at E3 who just turned up with a bunch of cutscenes, which screams "our game sucks".

7. GBRusty

Hitman

Also needs some actually bodily damage. Storm troopers cut in half, arms lopped off etc. Much like a 'real' lightsaber would do. BUt then that'd push up the PEGI rating which means all the kids can't buy it = less profits.

8. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Yup, that won’t happen these days.

9. Wilko_Dog

Wise Guy

this won't happen due to Disney apparently :(

10. 'Wes

Capodecina

Gameplay demo.

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

Personally not too fussed but hope they can atleast find some way to do it where there is some kind of interaction rather than the blade just clipping through the model which looks so janky in this day and age.

12. Nasher

Capodecina

It looks inferior to the old Jedi Knight games. Can't use blasters, AI looks brain dead, combat is very slow and seems to be mostly button mashing. Main character is basically just some Chad with no personality.

EA so probably full of gambling boxes in some form, despite what they claim. I'm guessing no mod support either so it'll be gathering dust after one (probably short) play through...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  13. Plainsong

Soldato

That gameplay demo from yesterday was great. I'm more interested in it now than I was after E3.

14. Martini1991

Caporegime

Kind of feel they should release an actual demo to play for this.
    Like force unleashed

15. rhysduck

Soldato

So in the gameplay trailer - when the Stormtroopers drop their blasters, they can't be picked up? :(

16. MissChief

Capodecina

No loot boxes, just surprise mechanics!

17. Nasher

Capodecina

Surprise!....It's rubbish and you spent £50 :p

18. Plainsong

Soldato

After the first cut scene when he goes through the doors there was a rack of weapons on his left. Pretty sure I saw pop-up text when the droid went past them. Does that mean there are pickups? I don't know!

19. rhysduck

Soldato

I hope so!! I was expecting the Jedi to jump on the speeder in the AT-AT and wraps it's legs up in rope :D

20. Rroff

Man of Honour

I'm on the fence - I'm also not a huge fan of quicktime and similar mechanics though but it looks like they've got the potential there for an epic game they just need someone with a bit of common sense to un**** certain elements that will drag it down but I bet they don't.