Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (fallen order sequel)

Soldato
I did and it made no difference. I've given up tweaking as no matter what settings I pick it performs just as bad (even after a restart). Putting Low settings on with no RT should not produce sub 60fps on a 4090 :cry:
Fair, I left it all on auto and it seems to run well enough and look good enough, with everyone having issues changing settings I didn't want to risk it :D

Soldato
You'd really think they'd QA it across multiple configurations. There are a lot of people running 3000 series or even 4000 series on older CPU's and staying on windows 10. I'm still on 10 as well. Odd numbered Windows versions scare me.
Well I'm on 11 and I am definitely getting issues.

Man of Honour
Actually from further testing toggling raytracing off then on is what's bugged resulting in unusually low performance. The YouTuber I watched was wrong, the performance you were seeing was correct.

To fix it enable raytracing and restart the game and then you should get your old framerate back.
Hah what a mess! In that case I will leave RT on and just play like that, seems once you restart the game it's back up to 70+fps so that's fine for now. Obviously they need to patch the CPU/GPU utilisation issues and that will then fix the bulk of the perf issues everyone is seeing.

Restarting the game after toggling ray tracing back on brings the framerate back up to the 60s and 70s. There are dips however in some areas of loading, and I'm not off the planet yet.

I did a video too showing from launch to gameplay of the first bits. Figured be good to show what happens at launch, game seems to shader compile briefly each launch. Load times seem reasonable too.

You can see the menu mouse button frustration in some bits of the video as I go through settings etc lol.

For now the game is running at a level I will call just passable. 60fps is not acceptable at 1440p on even a 3080 Ti (my old GPU) let alone a 4090 (current). The RTSS overlays show that there is a distinct lack of CPU and GPU optimisation. Really low thread usage on a modern CPU, and low GPU utilisation as well result in a low and stuck framerate variance. On top of that, FSR adds no fps because of the above lack of optimisation. FSR currently basically does nothing at all, not improve FSAA, not improve sharpness, not improve framerates due to all the GPU/CPU lack of optimisation.

The graphics on display and the static nature of the game world for reasonable gaming systems should easily be seeing 100fps+ on higher settings, so there is no excuse for this lack of PC performance really, and any statement they make is merely a box ticking exercise from the "release it now ask for forgiveness later" mentality that seems to be all too common now, and slowly being normalised by certain tubers and the like saying that you must have higher end hardware for modern games, lots of VRAM etc etc which is total nonsense.

Rant over! Glad I got it on EA Play Pro so didn't shell out full price, that would be calling for a refund if I did the latter.

Shame as the gameplay itself is really fun, enjoying it more than Fallen Order.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Buying a game on release /early access and expecting a good experience, is tantamount to insanity.

To be fair Resident Evil 4 Remake did a good job for the most part. But yeah, these days it pays to wait a few months or more if you can as you get the game half price and all beta tested :D

Associate
I’m now a bit further in the game and seeing drops to mid 40 at times, restarting the game doesn’t fix those.
That’s just awful.

Caporegime
So here is my experience

Windows 11, 4090 FE, 13700k, 32GB DDR5 Ram, Samsung 980 Pro nvme SSD

Playing on G-sync enabled LG G2 OLED

Started the game, turned RT on. V-sync is off.

Graphics had defaulted to epic on everything, with AMD FSR 2.0 set to quality. Resolution is 3840 X 2160

When I first saw the menu, after the recap of the first game, I quit out and restarted.

Then when I started, I used the OSD of the TV and it said it was running 119fps with a few drops down to 110fps.

I thought - "what's everyone moaning about?"

Started playing, it was still a decently high FPS - around 90.

Gotta say, I really enjoyed the opening section on coruscant. One of the better openings I can remember to be honest!

Bare in mind that I completed Fallen Order literally this afternoon, and nearly 100% completed that game. So the difference between the two was very obvious to me. Everything looks better, more detailed. Gameplay is so much smoother. The UI is improved. You actually start with all the Jedi powers that took ages to unlock in the first game, so you feel like more of a badass from the off. They've really polished everything.

However, by the end of the start sequence when you
get attacked by Ninth sister
I could see the FPS was down in the 50's. That's still playable for me, but considering I'm lucky enough to have one of the highest spec PCs going, it's really not on

But as a game, from what I've seen so far it's going to be pretty epic once they sort out these issues.

Oh and HDR works fine.

Last edited:
Associate
What CPU do you have?
7900X3D, 32gb DDR5, 2tb MP 600 Pro XT. Its the first game I've had problems with. Everything else creams along as it should.

Its very odd that dropping everything to low makes balls all difference to the fps. Something strange going on but I've got enough stuff to be playing so I'll just wait it out tbh.

Last edited:
Soldato
its pretty smooth 60 for me, stutteryest bit seems to be the respawn logo when you start the game which is lol

win11 / 11600k / 6800 / 32gb ram / 1440p everything max no RT, FSR quality

60 is ok for a game like this but should really be like 100fps+ compared with other games I've played and how it looks (it does look good though)
CPU use is mega low, gpu mostly 80-90% usage, vram is 91% (12GB card too - crikey!)

its not broken for me though totally playable, no stutter once playing (maybe tiny bit when moving to new areas) HDR is fine

menu inconstancies are horrid though

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah I can't wait to get stuck in to it this weekend (my wife is out tomorrow)

Playable for me, but I can see it needs work.

Edit - Does everyone's game 'Optimise game files' everytime they start? Mine has done that each time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom