Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (fallen order sequel)

Soldato
I cant recall the last time I had an issue with running a game, even badly. Finally got this installed and as soon as I saw the jittery credits screen i knew I was in trouble then crashed to desktop with an "insufficient Vram" message :eek:

I know my systems not top tier but surely this should have been fine to run this.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
ASUS Radeon RX 5700 8GB ROG STRIX OC
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz

Man of Honour
Yeah he means download+install, it's like Steam, installs as it downloads, unles syou have a Gigabit connection where it takes 17 minutes, then you could be waiting a while.

So looks like reflections in some glass are broken, but not others lol

7fCCVVN.jpg.png

3ZUsB8g.jpg.png

bmIyp1n.jpg.png

Oh and 13GB VRAM, best upgrade those 10 and 12GB cards folks..... /s :p

gkdgJCW.jpg

Other than these bugs, the gameplay for me is so far smooth, and action rather enjoyable I have to say. Really easy to do cunning stunts that impress :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Averaging around 60 FPS with occasional dip in to low 40s. Some slight hitches similar to those experienced in the first game. 3440x1440. All settings at Epic, RT and FRS2 disabled. Haven't tried the new AMD drivers yet.

Man of Honour
Ok so once you get to this bit,

z9nnGrW.jpg

The GPU utilisation jumps to 90-100% and the framerate unsurprisingly also jumps to 90+fps

I'm now off planet, on the ship it's the same story, 100fps:

tHTSQJ1.jpg

And on the planet the same too:

QRKi3sb.jpg

This is all still on Epic settings, ray tracing on, FSR disabled. At this point it feels like a disgruntled EA dev did the first act of the game, and from here onwards was done by someone else lol.

Hopefully it remains like this from here onwards...

BD-1 got the new dbrand skin too :cool:

FDNxZ5w.jpg

Caporegime
So I've played an hour or more of this, no pauses, very occasional stutters but few and far between. Getting great FPS, 70-90 most of the time on a mix of Epic and High settings. GPU is very well utilised and VRAM got up to 9.5GB on occasion but never higher and the game never seemed to stutter. Will play more tomorrow but I'm happy with the performance.

This is with a 5950x, 3080 10GB (Gigabyte Vision if it matters to anyone), 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz via a 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p UW. Oh and I had to put it onto my SATA3 SSD as I didn't have the space on my NVME and it still played flawlessly.

However the game has just crashed with what appears to be two screens overlaid forcing me to Alt+F4. First crash I've had too.
28wUDCY.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I had 19.8Gb of the 3090's VRAM utilised earlier after about 2-3 hours in, it likes to cache it up that's for sure lol - I noticed a bit of texture popping which is why I checked, I guess it was swapping it out :cry:

Back
Top Bottom