**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

I had the misfortune of trying this yesterday, OMG what a terrible game, my mate was running it on a 3060 and it looked like he was playing a PS2 game. But not only did it look terrible there was zero fun, just a boring stealth missions and the open world tells you to return to the play area lol

The combat seems to consist of charging up to people and punching them in the face lol. Much more effective than actually shooting them, even if they have armour on.

A far cry from JK2 where stormtroopers could gun you down in seconds on hard

Last edited:
You can still get gunned down fairly quickly on this! I need tos tock up on health kits regularly as a few precision blaster hits can take me down to a tiny bit of health and those shielded storm troopers are really annoying

I've only had one random CTD now whilst out in the open, not sure if it's related to the unlocked Outlaw mode or because 23+GB of VRAM was being used as it seems that's still a thing on Outlaw back on the planet.

They need to sort the patch out asap...

Personally I would rate the game a 5/10 - The only reason I am enjoying it is the shooting mechanics are fun and exploration lol. Most other things are jank++

Last edited:
I find a weird amount of Asmongold videos being posted on a forum mainly composed of adults.

Asmongolds audiance are mainly adults (if you consider an adult as being 18+) plus he's pretty funny. I don't subscribe to him on youtube but not many days go past without a video of his showing up on the homepage.

The clip above is pretty much what ACG picked up on a month or so ago, the random flower bed in areas that wouldn't have them, placed there purely for poor design to accompany the stealth missions.

472j5G1.jpeg

STAR JAWS!

Can see why many would think it’s poor, I mean the clue is with the average scores from normal gamers and reviewers.

I find it a 7 out of 10 and with most settings maxed without DI, it actually looks very good, not spectacular but very good.

Can see why many would think it’s poor, I mean the clue is with the average scores from normal gamers and reviewers.

I find it a 7 out of 10 and with most settings maxed without DI, it actually looks very good, not spectacular but very good.

There have been a few times I had to double check my settings because I thought they'd defaulted to low/medium.

I've played a decent chunk of this, and its pretty much the most 5/10 game I've ever played. Graphics are weirdly poor given how much it demands of the GPU, even with tweaks. Missions are just endless iterations of bland stealth quests, which are tedious and trivially gameable. Have no idea what the story is beyond 'space pirate wants to get rich'. Genuinely can't think of anything else to say, its quite forgettable.

I'm going to have to play through another game. Maybe I'll try avatar again just so I get something out of the 15 quid subscription for 1 month.

Ray Reconstruction on vs off, note that Frame Gen is on, DLSS is on Performance at 4K. Neither of these two features add any issues with ghosting and this is at the Max/Outlaw preset settings.

On:
LFxAOKz.gif

Off:
YTNazTl.gif

Yeah they 100% goofed up implementing Nvidia tech in this game.

Last edited:
So many games make such a mess of vegetation in the wind, its something I've commented on before in other games where the vegetation moves about like its in a hurricane. Look at her hair, moving as if it a slight breeze, meanwhile the tree is moving about like Katrina is heading this way

Another 'AAAA' 60-70 release rrp game (base version) that will be on sale for a fraction of that price within the year because its a mediocre bloated piece of work that is almost solely reliant on beating the, by now, rather dead horse that is the Star Wars franchise to drum up interest and sales.

Last edited:
Another 'AAAA' 60-70 release rrp game (base version) that will be on sale for a fraction of that price within the year because its a mediocre bloated piece of work that is almost solely reliant on beating the, by now, rather dead horse that is the Star Wars franchise to drum up interest and sales.

Wouldn't even give them a fiver for this POS.

Might get it when its given away for free on Epic, but not sure I'd even play it then.

Wouldn't even give them a fiver for this POS.

Might get it when its given away for free on Epic, but not sure I'd even play it then.

Wait, you haven't actually played it? This reminds me of when I was told as a kid not to say I don't like food until I've tried it lol.

Though tbh, you aren't missing anything from what I've seen so far.y nephew played it earlier and he really liked it. Generally if a zoomer likes something I probably won't.

He also laughed at my baldur's gate 3 box saying nobody my age ever talks about games like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom