**Star Wars Outlaws Open World Star Wars game from Massive Entertainment**

Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024-09-11-12-54-31-13.jpg

Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024-09-21-21-41-40-56.jpg

Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024-09-10-20-39-58-40.jpg

Star-Wars-Outlaws-Screenshot-2024-09-21-14-58-05-81.jpg

I picked just a few of your images to point something out which stands out very heavily to me in these static images - The backgrounds all look amazing, they really do, yet the main character is a graphical mess, being not just slightly out of focus but seemingly rendered in low resolution i.e. WTF is that uber low resolution "lego" blob hair and low resolution clothing she's wearing - those things all stand out to me very, very strongly.

I'm watching The Mighty Jingles playthrough this game and its obvious in-game as well as on these static images and it just looks poor, whilst the mrk images of NPC faces looks amazing - I don't get it?

@mrk Wasn't aware there had been any kind of major update so how come you reinstalled it about a week after saying you deleted it?

In other news, was hoping my controller would be here by now but not been shipped, guess extra time as they have to hand do the top plate.
There was the update that fixed the Ray Reconstruction/Frame Gen, and as that is one of the main areas I pay attention to, was worth installing again and yes they did indeed fix RR, image quality is higher than without it which is what we expect, and FPS is higher too by around 10fps.

Last edited:
@mrk Wasn't aware there had been any kind of major update so how come you reinstalled it about a week after saying you deleted it?

In other news, was hoping my controller would be here by now but not been shipped, guess extra time as they have to hand do the top plate.
What are you, the gaming police? Leave the guy alone, he can play whatever game he wants.

There was the update that fixed the Ray Reconstruction/Frame Gen, and as that is one of the main areas I pay attention to, was worth installing again and yes they did indeed fix RR, image quality is higher than without it which is what we expect, and FPS is higher too by around 10fps.

Oh ok, so does that mean you don't need to put the settings to 'low' to make it look better, for those previously mentioned ones I can't recall.

Side note: I ordered that X05 controller in Lime Green so I felt less weird about having the same stuff as you :)

What are you, the gaming police? Leave the guy alone, he can play whatever game he wants.

Pipe down.

Last edited:
You may be thinning of another game, Outlaws has always looked fine on highest settings, just RR made things slightly softer as it wasn't implemented correctly at launch and it lowered the fps slightly similar to what First Descendant did.

You may be thinning of another game, Outlaws has always looked fine on highest settings, just RR made things slightly softer as it wasn't implemented correctly at launch and it lowered the fps slightly similar to what First Descendant did.

I was thinking of the 'lens and cinematic effects' setting which DF suggested to medium or low with the soft/blurry textures.

Oh I didn't notice any of that but it's almost certainly related to ray reconstruction not being implemented correctly at that time which is now fixed so doesn't matter any more anyway.

Back
Top Bottom