Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Sooo Headland did an interview. This isn't going to end well.

Leslye Headland interview on her new show:

•Thinks Star Wars is about poltics & fan opinions aren't valid.

•Hired a writer whose never seen Star Wars.

•Female & Queer representation is a top priority. "I literally cry whenever I see it."

Hard pass.

Any one of those bullet points would put me off, but all three? :cry:

I don't understand why clown world gender politics have to be shoehorned into a show that's set in a universe where 'Earth' doesn't exist and that takes place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Is there not one Star Wars fan on the team that has the balls to stand up and call them out on this ****?

So long as it's all been scripted ahead of time by people who know the material I don't see what the issue is. He's a great Director who should be allowed to do everything but write for the series imo.

If the use of the masculine identifier is intentional when referring to Headland then bravo. :D

However, as others have stated, those bullet points (as well as Headland's views and her behaviours when she was Weinstein's assistant) have utterly negated any interest in the show for me. I will not watch a show based on those foundations.

Talking of foundation, when is that due to the hit the screens ?

p.s

Starwars is a joke franchise now.

I read it as star trek then got my hopes up until I quickly realised..

starwars is scifi for kids...

Well.. whatever i guess we will see in a few months....
Might be another Andor might be another book of boba fett....

Let the milking go on....

Thought it looked pretty good too. Hopefully it will help move the franchise back in the right direction.

I thought the trailer looked pretty cool. Not amazing, but who knows. The music hints at darker tones which is always good.

But I forget it's a Disney show so the usual suspects are out in force already complaining about everything behind the scenes :rolleyes:

Liked Carrie Anne Moss, liked the idea behind the show (who is bumping off Jedi and why?) but the line "it's not about good or bad, it's about power and who has it" just feels too close to the current Disney trend of excusing villains actions by giving them a sad backstory, which I absolutely detest.

As per usual, I'll see what the reviews say rather than blindly jumping onto the "omg, new Star Wars" bandwagon.

Back
Top Bottom