Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Or could be a retcon
The Sith went pretty much into hiding from Darth Bane onwards in order to grow their power in secret and strike when the time was right, i.e. with Palpatine. I appreciate the Expanded Universe is now non-canon, but pretty sure that Bane as a character still exists in the canon and that all sith from the last 1000 years are part of his 'line'.

That still won't explain that if the sith are present in The Acolyte how the jedi came to forget them by the time of TPM though.

Last edited:
Trailer looked ok to me! I’m not thinking Andor good but it definitely looked ok! I’m not sure how people can make such sweeping judgements based on a short trailer!

Last edited:
Trailer looked ok to me! I’m not thinking Andor good but it definitely looked ok! I’m not sure how people can make such sweeping judgements based on a short trailer!
It's disney star wars, their record speaks for itself. Far more likely to be garbage than any good. Then you've also got headland's comments on what she wants to see from a star wars series.

And now she’s done to Star Wars what her old boss did to Hollywood starlets.

Whilst her numerous interviews haven't been exactly filled with "I made this for the fans" type stuff and it's all been "me, me, me", I think we should probably confirm with the first episode just how bad (or god-forbid actually good :eek:) it is before she gets the credit for the death of SW.

Jesus wept, can we just talk about the show for once and pack in with the 'we hate Kathleen Kennedy' circle jerk that any star wars thread seems to descend into.

If you want to continue the circle jerk, go and make a dedicated thread for it or go tweet her on 'X' because, to be frank, its really quite boring at this point...

Edit: perhaps take it so this 69 page thread:

Last edited:
Rant over, back to the show...

Not sure what to make about the trailer, nothing really grabbed me in it. The few seconds of fight scenes were very 'matrix', perhaps the style just reminds me of that due to Carrie Anne Moss being in it. I'll watch the premier and take a view.

so another post modernist deconstruction to subvert our expectations?

yipee.

""You just go, 'Well, where's the part that nobody's going, what about that?' And so to me, the institution of the Jedi was that," Headland said. "So they trained children and that seems super complicated of a thing. It's not criticism. It's just like, 'well, that seemed strange.'

hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom