Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Normally a sucker for trailers, looks half decent. Who are they going to try and shoehorn in for this one using de-aging tech?

I'll re-sub when Andor comes out and pick this up then, hard to tell how good it will be. The Disney Star Wars shows have generally looked good but the huge variation in storytelling quality has been the weakness.

No one recognise the bloke from Squid game. Lee Jung-jae. Surprised he in a SW at all.

It just looks so cheesy. Lots of silly spinning fighting moves, too many lightsabres all over the place and outfits that look like bad cosplay. Terrible.
Thats generally the whole Disney SW formula though isn't it? Chuck some lightsabres and a Millennium Falcon in and that will shut the geeks up.

Thats generally the whole Disney SW formula though isn't it? Chuck some lightsabres and a Millennium Falcon in and that will shut the geeks up.
Yet Andor had none of these things and is seen as one of the best series in the D+ era?

Due to the timeline of the show I was expecting this to be cameo free, l. I didn't think of Yoda! Normally I'm all over the cameos but for this series I'm not expecting any. If we see Yoda it will be a nice bonus

rp2000
He'll be a cameo like how Luke was on the mandolorian

Yet Andor had none of these things and is seen as one of the best series in the D+ era?
Exactly, forget the "crowd pleasers" as D+ see it and give us a bit of story. I'm not sure if we are the minority though, I heard that some people actually cheered when the Falcon showed up in the last Jedi....I mean I love the ship but I have never been compelled to cheer it on.

Looks ok. Meant to be set 100 years before phantom menace.
Lore in the prequals: "The sith have been extinct for a millennia"
Disney with their new show set 100 years before the prequals: let's just chuck a load of sith in there for the fun if it anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom