Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Yeah I'm aware of most of that, just pointing out both had minimal to zero experience in the genre. Didn't affect their suitability at all.
But her previous work was middling at best. If you are going to get a relative novice in then that person should have a passion for the IP there working on (or at the very least a good working knowledge of the IP and it's lore).

Reactions: Kyo
But her previous work was middling at best. If you are going to get a relative novice in then that person should have a passion for the IP there working on (or at the very least a good working knowledge of the IP and it's lore).
The last two shows she worked on have 97% and 96% approval rating.

Last edited:
Pretty much everything that needed to be said about Ep3 already has been. Just why did they feel the need to spend an entire episode in flashback, doing a poor imitation of a Wheel Of Time episode with the Aes Sedai, to cover events which were already discussed at length in the first two episode? The current writers/producers also seem to have an obsession with showing most colonies and planets as being low tech even pre industrial societies. I mean come on, this is a corner of the Galaxy with advanced science and FTL space flight not primitive cultures.

Anyway I'm half expecting Ncuti and the Tardis to turn up in next week's episode, so we can finally have the official Star Wars/Doctor Who crossover.

Last edited:
Wish I hadn't watched episode 3 now and just taken the word of many that it was only going to get worse. What the actual **** was that, by far the worst TV episode I have ever seen. That's it for Star Wars I think, any future products that Disney release will be left the hell alone.

Wish I hadn't watched episode 3 now and just taken the word of many that it was only going to get worse. What the actual **** was that, by far the worst TV episode I have ever seen. That's it for Star Wars I think, any future products that Disney release will be left the hell alone.
It's a shame as Bad Batch I quite enjoyed. Despite being animation, the later seasons got very dark and I was genuinely hooked waiting to watch the next episode. I mean yes there were a few twee moments but overall far better than this live action effort.

I feel sick for saying this but by the end of it all im thinking they might explain enough to atleast make the story they have in a "not really star wars" way,
Hopefully make sense...
that will be to say its still mostly terribly acted and dialogue written but the wtf? factor will be explained in some non cannon annoying way.....

Last edited:
After reading all the hate Star Wars is receiving, I wonder if Disney+ subscriptions are taking a hit or if people will continue watching the train wrecks and remakes Disney keep putting out?

Surely bad storytelling and pushing agendas can only get you so far…

After reading all the hate Star Wars is receiving, I wonder if Disney+ subscriptions are taking a hit or if people will continue watching the train wrecks and remakes Disney keep putting out?

Surely bad storytelling and pushing agendas can only get you so far…
What does Disney have to make you keep with them? Disney plus is one of those services where you sub and watch a whole load of films and shows, and then never have anything again to see.

I swear only Netflix has interesting shows any more. Ones that when you go to a bbq everyone will ask have you seen tiger king, making a murderer, stranger things, squid games etc.

Back
Top Bottom