Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Got to admit the same sentiment. This is inane stuff. The kid acting is also poor.
I've generally enjoyed the recent SW series, Andor in particualr but this is trash

It's not even like I have massively high standards for tv/movie media.

I've enjoyed stuff that received mediocre reviews, or was thought of as utter trash by some. I can sit and eat a bucket of popcorn while huge monsters beat each other up with little to no story, I'll watch dodgy grindcore crap like Blood Drive and thoroughly enjoy myself. If something is entertaining and well done for its intended purpose, I'm usually pretty happy to watch. I might give up on some things on the basis it just isn't for me, but I'm a huge Star Wars fan and the Tumblr-esque fanfiction that is The Acolyte is so stunningly plap that I'm in awe.

The coven of force witches essentially howling at the moon while trying to indoctrinate manufactured children into their cult came close to making me turn off, I made the unfortunate decision to power through.

Last edited:
It's just so bad that the awfulness is the entertaining part, and that's what keeps me watching. It's too lame to even hate. Kind of a pity watch situation to see how low it can go.

It's like if The Room was set in the Star Wars universe.

Well well just when you thought surely episode 1 and 2 couldn't get any worse you watch 3 and think Christ they've managed it again.

Surely the people involved in this series seriously need pulling in and giving there P45s.

Makes you wonder what the people involved in Mando, Andor etc think of this tosh.

Hopefully this is only 6 episodes and it finishes and everyone can forget it ever happened. Disney should remove it from the streaming service and never release it. People might think it was all a dream.

Last edited:
Loved it, 10/10. Clearly anyone not knowing about the Witches isn't a Star Wars fan after Clone Wars and Ahsoka. (I just wanted to be the complete polar opposite of what others are saying)

I don't get how this was anything but the 'bad' twins fault and I also don't understand how this was such a bad thing that Torben felt so guilty that he took poison after apparently meditating for years without needing to pee or poo

Theres a story here but by god the writing is so bad, child actors i can forgive, there young kids after all and you'll never get much from actors their age. what boggles the mind is how they all suddenly end up dead, i just hope its what some one else mentioned above and we are just seeing it from a single perspective for now. that might be giving it to much credit i fear.

The coven of force witches essentially howling at the moon while trying to indoctrinate manufactured children into their cult came close to making me turn off, I made the unfortunate decision to power through.

I saw it as an analogy of Cali mothers and their forced trans kids personally, it fits too well :cry:

This could have easily written better to fit in with star wars lore.

Other force using groups isn't strange.
Using the darkside to virgin birth a super Sith.... It could have been worked with some kind of minimal complaints.

Twins . Twins are star wars :p
A dark and a light twin/brother has been done in the old Republic mmo. It's cool it works.

This is just too pussified. They will have to introduce Plagueis I suspect that's our big bad, at least it better be or that's a missed opportunity

You know what I'm being thick. Saying all this It's all there just not signposted. It's only episode 3 ...

Last edited:
I just seen a clip of this show on Twitter(the power of one, the power of two), is this really what Star Wars has become?

Glad I didn’t buy into the Disney stuff.

I just seen a clip of this show on Twitter(the power of one, the power of two), is this really what Star Wars has become?

Glad I didn’t buy into the Disney stuff.
The one laughing (or whatever sound it was) in the background every other sentence made me laugh out loud with cringe. It was breathtakingly bad.

Last edited:
I’m watching it now (30mins in) and I’m so bored….this is Star Wars?

No, SW has been dead for years, this is Disney Star Wars. But DSW still keeps finding a way to sink even lower with every passing year and every new show. Andor was competent, and looks like The Sorpanos next to everything else, but the rest of DSW output has been turd level.

I've just watched episode one and two. Can't go any further. Feel like immediately putting the empire strikes back on to make sure I'm not having a nightmare. That was brutal.

Back
Top Bottom