Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

This feels relevant for this thread.

49JFBvD.jpeg

Me: I dont look at rotten tomatoes. I've watched so many movies and TV shows that I've learnt those review scores mean absolutely nothing to me, only I can decide if I like something or not and quite frankly IDGAF if anyone else likes what I like or not

I've been there!

Since he loves the original trilogy, he's clearly happy to watch well done movies from the era and likes sci-fi to a degree. Maybe take the reins and introduce him to one or two other things?

Great movie IMO, still stands up really well today and it's massively relatable since it involves video games.

That's a good shout, remember seeing that as a kid now, completely forgot it existed.

He loved watching back to the future aswell.

I've just watched episode three, and that truly was terrible, almost at the 'so bad it's worth watching' level, but not quite.
I know this stuff isn't made for people like me (I saw Star Wars at the cinema on release), but it's sad to see a much loved franchise being trashed like this.

Angry Joe had a 1.5 Hour rant for Episode 3. lol

Last edited:
They could have just written that line as "Are they with us?" And that would have been fine. Non-exclusionary without starting a bunfight over wokeness.

Honestly though, lines like that are the least of the show's problems. I'm getting Discovery-induced PTSD from it - the plot moves at the speed of dumb, most of the actors can't actually act, it's peppered with moments that take you out of the universe so hard that you have to pause it while you go make another drink just to reset your brain.

In summary, a phrase I got a bit too fond of when commentating on Disco episodes - it's all stupid and terrible and I hate it.

More like 26 min episode without recap and end credits!

Last 10 mins of the episode really amped things up. Good cliffhanger.

rp2000

Reactions: Kyo
Ep4
Something happens finally but.. nothing burger
.34min long episode

Ep5 gonna have action at least.
I've not watched it yet but I have read a review (cos I don't care about spoilers), and I would lay odds the next episode will be another flashback before the action continues.

Episode 4 was meh, it was ok providing you can ignore the glaring issues with people being alive that shouldn't!

Master Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't even born before The Acolyte even took place!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom