Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

Wandered what the confusion was all about, seems I made a boo boo, had before instead of after in relation to his birth.

Seems that the producers or Disney are trying to retcon him into lore by removing or changing his birth year which would mean in order to be in the show, he'd have been at least 143 years old when he died, which is absolutely impossible.

Last edited:
Wandered what the confusion was all about, seems I made a boo boo, had before instead of after in relation to his birth.

Seems that the producers or Disney are trying to retcon him into lore by removing or changing his birth year which would mean in order to be in the show, he'd have been at least 143 years old when he died, which is absolutely impossible.

Impossible? Why?
Yoda obviously impossible too then i guess?

Im not pro/for retconns of anything, im kinda living in too much of a post care star wars universe now.

Last edited:
Impossible? Why?
Yoda obviously impossible too then i guess?

Im not pro/for retconns of anything, im kinda living in too much of a post care star wars universe now.

Yoda was considered middle aged when he was 500 or so, his species live a long time, he was nearly 900 when he died.

Cereans have a lifespan of 60-70 years on average, Ki Adi Mundi died in battle at 73 maybe he could have lived into his 80s or even 90s, but more than double the expected lifespan? no chance.

Looks like other SW fans have noticed on Ki-Adi mundi age inconsistency too and

also his contradiction in Episode 1 saying the Sith has been extinct for a millennia. Only get out now is it to say that wasn't Sith despite the red sabre and force push

Last edited:
Looks like other SW fans have noticed on Ki-Adi mundi age inconsistency too and

also his contradiction in Episode 1 saying the Sith has been extinct for a millennia. Only get out now is it to say that wasn't Sith despite the red sabre and force push
there can't have actual sith around and not have Tenebrous/Plagueis, 'rule of 2' and all that jazz. But, disney and shenanigans go hand in hand.
I did ask this before it started as was told wait and see by the usuals, don't think anyone expected for them to drop one of the biggest anti sith voices from ep 1 though :cry:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Wookieepedia under fire for editing content to fit the narrative the Acolyte is trying to push.

The problem is less with the change of canon than the current backlash against The Acolyte, which has even seen a review-bombing campaign on Rotten Tomatoes

Typical shill coping from Screen Rant.

It's not had a review bombing - people just think it's ****.

Last edited:
… fit the narrative? I mean is changing the DOB of someone really fitting / pushing a narrative? :o :p

From the article:

Ki-Adi-Mundi's age was previously established in only two sources: a 1999 CD-ROM released after Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace and a 2013 trading card. George Lucas himself contradicted some of the contents of the CD-ROM when he changed Ki-Adi-Mundi's lightsaber color in later movies, and both were rendered non-canon by Disney in 2014. In canon, Ki-Adi-Mundi's age has never been specified.

Dem dates of birth!

Have they provided any examples, or is it the uusual 'we've received'. Don't get me wrong there are idiots on the internet but I take these sorts of claims with a massive pinch of salt with no evidence.

Have they provided any examples, or is it the uusual 'we've received'. Don't get me wrong there are idiots on the internet but I take these sorts of claims with a massive pinch of salt with no evidence.

Yup.

It's easy to cherry pick examples, the thing is it happens on both sides but that tends to get ignored. If Star Wars has a toxic fanbase, it's because Disney is a toxic company that needlessly riles people up rather than focusing on releasing good content.

People are allowed to dislike your products, if you put out garbage people are going to critique it. People gushed over Rogue One and Andor, they loved the first two seasons of The Mandalorian. Hell, most people were on board with The Force Awakens and felt hopeful for the rest of the trilogy. Maybe Disney should start listening to the people they're trying to profit from rather than whatever lunatics they have advising them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom