Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

In response racist abuse she has received. There is literally no mention of the show at all.

The backlash she's received is largely in relation to the show being crap.

I'm sure she has been hit with abuse online, it's a daily occurrence for anyone that frequents social media unfortunately.

The one person I'd like to hear from about all of this? Her dad. Although I suspect he's probably hiding somewhere to avoid the humiliation of admitting he is her farther.

Based on? How many kids do you hang around with or make up in your head to come to that result as though it's fact.

Honestly I imagine the issue here is that adults find this a complete turd, while kids prob enjoy it because shiny coloured light sabre goes swing.

But kids don't give reviews. And more importantly, the kids that first liked star wars have grown up now and want to enjoy these shows

You will find the generation that this is aimed at are not interested in Starwars.

Their daily intake of media is Gaming, YouTube, Anime and I believe horror is still very popular.

Starwars is a male 30-60 dominated brand. The head of Lucas knows that and it kills her.

Besides even if it wasn’t aimed for that audience that does not give it the excuse of being complete and utter dog ****.

From the latest leaks from Disney I’m surprised she even got hired at all.
That's easily explained. Headland had her in mind from the get go. Even the concept art is based on Stenberg. There was no audition, LH just went straight to her and said 'I made this role for you and want to pay you millions of dollars to star in it'.
I'm not saying LH is hot for AS and using this whole thing to get close to her but...

That's easily explained. Headland had her in mind from the get go. Even the concept art is based on Stenberg. There was no audition, LH just went straight to her and said 'I made this role for you and want to pay you millions of dollars to star in it'.
I'm not saying LH is hot for AS and using this whole thing to get close to her but...

Remind me who Leyse Headland used to work for again?

:D

None of our lot care about Star Wars, the youngest doesn't even know what it is.
Obviously anecdotal, but my son and all his mates are the same. They were all 7 and 8 when TFA came out, the perfect age to capture their imaginations. Not one is bothered about star wars, even talking to him about the likes and hobbies of people in his school there are zero fans of the franchise. Guess thats what happens when the biggest demographic for these IP's is turned away.

Obviously anecdotal, but my son and all his mates are the same. They were all 7 and 8 when TFA came out, the perfect age to capture their imaginations. Not one is bothered about star wars, even talking to him about the likes and hobbies of people in his school there are zero fans of the franchise. Guess thats what happens when the biggest demographic for these IP's is turned away.
Interesting.

What are/were their views on marvel?

He doesn't watch the shows on d+, last marvel movie at the cinema would be No Way Home (we do have tickets to see Deadpool 3). They all enjoyed the recent Into the Spiderverse movies.

spiderverse is Sony and not marvel though (there is contractual obligations between the 2, and I believe Sony have the rights to spider man for a certain period of time, but Disney are the ultimate owners)

Unfortunately Disney has also managed to ruin a lot of marvel content. Think they just released too much stuff, relied to heavily on CGI and ultimately just had rubbish stories.

On the flip side though, my boy (7) loves star wars everything.

But isn't really that enamered with marvel, and neither are most of his mates.

There is more kids that like star wars in his year than are into marvel.

Most seem to only have interest in Minecraft and football...

I do wonder whether the lack of interest in many things is a result of ‘internet crack’ being more readily available.

I sat down to watch the football / Euros, which I always enjoy, but found myself endlessly browsing during the match because it just wasn’t stimulating enough - I needed something MORE and I needed it NOW!

When I put my phone away, I was able to get into the game more.

With so much stimulation, it’s harder to passively enjoy things - at least without some additional layers of engagement.

I guess the choice and saturation makes it even harder to pay attention. Compare the 4 channels and 3 video games you had as a 90s kid to now…!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
I do wonder whether the lack of interest in many things is a result of ‘internet crack’ being more readily available.

I sat down to watch the football / Euros, which I always enjoy, but found myself endlessly browsing during the match because it just wasn’t stimulating enough - I needed something MORE and I needed it NOW!

With so much stimulation, it’s harder to passively enjoy things - at least without some additional layers of engagement.

I guess the choice and saturation makes it even harder to pay attention. Compare the 4 channels and 3 video games you had as a 90s kid to now…!
Sorry no Subway Surfers Fortnite mod fidget spinner DIY hack video accompanying your post so I didn't finish reading it. Mitigation: put Sigma/chad music to it.

It definitely is an issue. When watching a film or show at home you have to get rid of your phone else as soon as you stop paying full attention you're lost.

It's why I love cinema so much. You're there. Your attention is the movie and nothing else

spiderverse is Sony and not marvel though (there is contractual obligations between the 2, and I believe Sony have the rights to spider man for a certain period of time, but Disney are the ultimate owners)
They are still 'marvel' though, just not 'disney mcu' - although there are plenty of nods/tie-ins to the mcu in the 2 movies.

There's lots of factors working against building a new gen audience for an old IP, but having terrible products for that IP, gives you no chance.

I can't imagine how the tik tok generation are going to cope with working 40 hours a week, 8 hour blocks where you have to do what you'e told and can't play with your phone...they never should have been allowed to under 16's.

None of our lot care about Star Wars, the youngest doesn't even know what it is.
Also anecdotal, my 15 year old nephew checked out after Ashoka, and he was a huge fan of the OT when he was little. The other nephew whose 9 now does not even know what Star Wars is and is not interested in watching any of it. He's more interested in making TikTok videos and playing the guitar

Interesting.

What are/were their views on marvel?

Older kid checked out after the last Spiderman movie and again the smaller one doesn't want to watch

Me and the wife hung on until the last Thor movie and that broke the camel's back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom