Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

I don't really understand what people expect these days.
This show seems like it's absolutely rubbish, but people keep on watching. Of course they're going to keep making this type of drivel, because everyone continues to watch.
They could put a turd on a plate, and film it slowly drying out. Occasionally adding a CGI lightsaber, or millenium falcon flying by, and still people will watch.
to be fair a lot of people dont watch, hence the ratings.
I'm done with star wars - mando season 3 was the last thing i watched and it was a complete waste of time.

If it wasn't for the dreadful 3rd episode, I'd say it was okay. Not great, but enough good bits to make it watchable.
Amazing what's acceptable for this franchise these days. A bad show, with an extremely terrible episode to make the rest seem acceptable.
It'd be sad, but Disney are likely making money from all of this. People will keep watching. Zombies.

People will keep watching. Zombies.

I'll keep watching if it's good enough to keep watching; and I'll stop if its not. Like anything else. The first couple of episodes were decent, so I gave it a chance after the third. The fourth was good enough to justify watching the fifth. If that's bad; I won't bother with any of the rest.

Can't wait for Friday Night Tights tonight on the Nerdrotics channel, it's going to be a riot! I'm sure they're going to tear ep4 to pieces :cry:

Last edited:
Disney on damage control, too late I'm afraid. It's already been done and they are now making it worse.

Well beyond saving now, they let activists ruin the biggest IP in History, just so they could get some cheap DEI investment and some free virtue-signalling. All short term "gains" that are going to cost them billions in the future, and the next generation of SW fans, because there's no kids watching this **** and staying with it, like we all did. In 20 years there will be no interest left.

Tragic.

On the other hand it's fun watching it all crash and burn!

:cry:

because there's no kids watching this **** and staying with it

Based on? How many kids do you hang around with or make up in your head to come to that result as though it's fact.

Honestly I imagine the issue here is that adults find this a complete turd, while kids prob enjoy it because shiny coloured light sabre goes swing.

But kids don't give reviews. And more importantly, the kids that first liked star wars have grown up now and want to enjoy these shows

I honestly don't get it.

In response to the negativity and fan backlash of the show, she released a music video (dis track type thing) where she rambled about racism.

It was beyond dreadful, to the point it managed to be as cringeworthy as episode 3 of The Acolyte, people are taking the pee out of her over it with edits.

In response to the negativity and fan backlash of the show, she released a music video (dis track type thing) where she rambled about racism.

It was beyond dreadful, to the point it managed to be as cringeworthy as episode 3 of The Acolyte, people are taking the pee out of her over it with edits.
Gotcha. Is the version she released linkable on here?

Back
Top Bottom