Star Wars: The Acolyte (it’s dead Jim)

If people want more shows like Mando and Andor then they need to put up with, and watch the bad ones too. I feel duty bound to watch most Sci-fi content so I get the content I really want made. If people stop watching altogether then they'll stop making any Star Wars altogether. Or just make much less of it which could mean less good stuff too.

Is this sarcasm?

Not sure this is how it works at all, you watch crap - crap will get produced. It's literally how it works.

It'd be a good thing if it stopped being produced. I don't even know who it's meant to appeal to anymore?

Last edited:
This was the first Disney show i didn’t bother watching.

Ahsoka i watched 1ep at least before canning it. Ms marvel about 3 eps.

This didn’t start well and from the absolute mockery ep3 got online, as well as that anti bigot song video, as well as the vitriol from execs saying that Star Wars isn’t for white men, i decided i wasn’t ever gonna watch this.

Really looking forward to the future of media now that ESG has been dropped like hot coal by Blackrock.
Hoping for a backlash of job losses and severe course correction amongst writers. Disney is the worst and most engrained so it might take them longer

They are completely missing the point. So much that they are no longer talking about Star Wars nor the show itself. Nothing about the actual content, or how good or bad the acting, nothing about the story or the writing. Or how it impacts or improves the SW universe in their opinion. All we are seeing is a massive rant about Racism, colour of the actors skin, hate for females, diversity, sexual orientation etc etc. I cant speak for anyone else but personally its got absolutely nothing to do with that nor do i care about any of these topics at all.

For me its the writing and at times how they portrayed Star Wars. Its total disregard of what makes SW so popular and the characters and lore within it. Thats my biggest gripe. This is all under the leadership of KK and the direction she is steering and making these topics the primary focus rather than good writing, good content and good story telling itself.

Going to borrow a quote from Double Toast video.

Thats the problem when you write for agenda rather than write for a story.

For me thats the biggest problem. I did think there was some positive about the show. The fight choreography was good and it was shot pretty well (hard not to for $180 Mill) but everything else was simply wasnt good enough imo. The lead was so wooden and could not carry the show at all. The Story was terrible and i thought Carrie-Ann Moss was totally wasted. Lee Jung-jae tried his best and kudos for attempting to carry the show when he didnt speak English. You can only do so much when the writing was that bad.

This is one of the reasons why the sequels tanked and you would have thought lessons were learnt. Nope lets double down and make more.

Last edited:
The power of many? - Not that powerful then...

:cry:
More like the power of one........
season of crap

When your lead actress is dropping racist diss tracks on the primary demographic that's to this franchise is aimed at you shouldn't be complaining when they don't watch it leading it.

Moreover does Kathleen Kennedy have some sort of dirt that's she's blackmailing Bob Iger with? How flops can someone be allowed to produce before they are held accountable?

Last edited:
I've forgotten the names of the two twins in this. But regardless, season 2 would have been the prior goodie turned baddie one going on some extended "dark side" training but dark side for a *reason* mumbo jumbo, "I was betrayed by my former green woman master!" etc. The prior baddie but not quite goodle yet one, currently on Coruscant, would have the same but opposite. By the end of the season both will have some revelation which makes them question their respective choices, before they reunite, Manny Jacinto will turn to the light side and team up. Green Woman will be revealed as proper dark. Yoda will kick off. Darth Plageis will probably still be hiding in a crevice somewhere. Then in season 3 both jedi women and Manny Jacinto will team up to defeat green woman, one out of the two jedi women and/or Manny Jacinto will die/sacrifice themselves, etc etc etc etc, final battle between Yoda and Plaguis. The end.

It won't be missed.

As I said a few pages back, it played like Wheel Of Time in space (to me).

Spend the money on bringing back The Bad Batch instead which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Their tv shows are in limbo atm aren't they? Andor s2 and Ahsoka s2 and that's it iirc. Mando s4 is now a couple of films and everything else is **** canned pretty much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Their tv shows are in limbo atm aren't they? Andor s2 and Ahsoka s2 and that's it iirc. Mando s4 is now a couple of films and everything else is **** canned pretty much.

There seems to be a running theme here but most of Dave Filoni led shows seem to be on going.

Last edited:

The best thing for star wars is for it to be all cancelled, forgotten about completely for about 10 years.

It's been destroyed beyond repair at this point. Leave it long enough and someone can return to the end of episode 6 and give us the story we deserve.

Back
Top Bottom