Star Wars: The Acolyte

Caporegime
When you Google The Acolyte, there’s no longer a direct link to Rotten Tomatoes at the top, just me? I’ve also noticed an influx of 5 star reviews from the past 2 days, don’t mean to be all tinfoil hat but it makes you wonder if their doing a bit of damage control and speaking to RT to get stuff done…

Strange it's been removed on the Google thing, still there for other shows.

Also shows corrupt RT is - 84% when pretty much everyone dislikes it!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hopefully it shines a light on how useless the like of RT is and how it can be easily swayed. So many aspects of reviewing and journalism is suspect these days.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Always found RT to be garbage from both professional reviewers and the user side of things. I find over time that imdb is more accurate.

3.6/10 on IMDB. Pretty poor if you compare it to Andor 8.4/10. Still time to turn it around. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Associate
I was looking forward to this, my boy is star wars mad and made me get into it a bit, due to other commitments not managed to get a look in, but reading all the reviews, pretty much everyone has panned it (except for the guardian, have it a middling review which made it sound alright).

I've told my boy the release has been delayed for now, while I await further reviews see if it gets better further into the season.

Soldato
I was looking forward to this, my boy is star wars mad and made me get into it a bit, due to other commitments not managed to get a look in, but reading all the reviews, pretty much everyone has panned it (except for the guardian, have it a middling review which made it sound alright).

I've told my boy the release has been delayed for now, while I await further reviews see if it gets better further into the season.

If he's Star Wars mad then just watch it with him and ignore us grumpy folks.

Just because a lot of us in this thread don't like it, it still shouldn't stop anyone else who might like it (and is still a fan) from giving it a go. Worst case you'll agree with us and move onto the next SW project with a little more trepidation but best case your kid will love it.

Associate
If he's Star Wars mad then just watch it with him and ignore us grumpy folks.

Just because a lot of us in this thread don't like it, it still shouldn't stop anyone else who might like it (and is still a fan) from giving it a go. Worst case you'll agree with us and move onto the next SW project with a little more trepidation but best case your kid will love it.

It's not just on here, it's been panned everywhere, concerned he won't enjoy it and it will skew his view of star wars, and his understanding..

Soldato
It's not just on here, it's been panned everywhere, concerned he won't enjoy it and it will skew his view of star wars, and his understanding..
How old is he, he into reading at all?

There's some excellent books that might keep his attention, even for children. I mentioned this earlier, but the "Young Jedi Knight" series is a wonderful continuation of the original trilogy, where Han and Leia's children attend Luke's new Jedi Academy.

Tons of good games too, although some might get a touch dated for a younger person at this point.

This feels relevant for this thread.

49JFBvD.jpeg

Soldato
This feels relevant for this thread.

49JFBvD.jpeg

There's such a thing as objectivity, I went into this despite all the red flags to give it a fair shot and it wasn't just awful because it wasn't "my sort of thing" it was awful because it was very poorly made.

Even if you buy into the "agenda/woke" argument, left leaning review outlets are calling this mediocre at best.

It's nonsensical from a story perspective, horribly executed, and even the special effects are questionable given the budget. It is objectively bad, to a point where even those with potential biases can't fully defend it.

Soldato
I get why it's being panned.

I watched it just to watch something different and it passed the time. But 3 episodes in and it makes no sense.

I don't think it looks that bad.

There's such a thing as objectivity, I went into this despite all the red flags to give it a fair shot and it wasn't just awful because it wasn't "my sort of thing" it was awful because it was very poorly made.

Even if you buy into the "agenda/woke" argument, left leaning review outlets are calling this mediocre at best.

It's nonsensical from a story perspective, horribly executed, and even the special effects are questionable given the budget. It is objectively bad, to a point where even those with potential biases can't fully defend it.
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you

Associate
How old is he, he into reading at all?

There's some excellent books that might keep his attention, even for children. I mentioned this earlier, but the "Young Jedi Knight" series is a wonderful continuation of the original trilogy, where Han and Leia's children attend Luke's new Jedi Academy.

Tons of good games too, although some might get a touch dated for a younger person at this point.

Yes he has them books, read them, currently making his way through another series of kids novels wild space series.

He's got all the books that explains in depth all the character definitions.

Posters and ship blueprints etc etc

All the Lego star wars games, has played jedi survivor and fallen order but gets a bit tricky for him. He is only 7 years old.

Made his way through both star wars battlefronts though.

Want to get Kotor for him, but can't get it working in my pc and can't find it on Xbox, supposedly meant to be remaking it, but we'll see.

Speaking of which, maybe acolyte should have been the Kotor storyline or at least similar.

He's played the squadron's got quite far in it but then it got very difficult and was too much for him so lost interest in that one.

Whenever we do movie night wants to watch a star wars film, we've had to start saying no now as it's getting a bit tedious lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Whenever we do movie night wants to watch a star wars film, we've had to start saying no now as it's getting a bit tedious lol

I've been there!

Since he loves the original trilogy, he's clearly happy to watch well done movies from the era and likes sci-fi to a degree. Maybe take the reins and introduce him to one or two other things?

Great movie IMO, still stands up really well today and it's massively relatable since it involves video games.

Back
Top Bottom