Star Wars: The Acolyte

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Skin colour? Nowt to do with the force m8. Maul is a Dathomirian Zabrak the males are Red/Orange/Yellow, females are Blue/Grey/White/Tan (although that's probably problematic under Disney :cry:) - the witch you are referring to is just a bog standard Zabrak by the look of it

Ah I didn't know I just assumed they got bright red and black when they go to the dark side..I could have sworn in a game or Intro for the old republic I saw female version of Darth Maul.

Ah wait just checked same colours as Maul but she was a different race.

Soldato
Extended universe stuff definitely had physical changes for extreme dark side users in some cases, I don't think canon ever confirmed it though beyond more minor changes like eyes in Anikans case.

Although many were weird injuries or being old as dirt and forcing their bodies to keep going by force of will. There was an a guy in KOTOR 2 for example called Darth Sion that was just a broken mess walking around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Caporegime
Nah - even with that dialogue, that feels like massive fan-retconning. Such an enormous thing is not going to be skirted over so fleetingly by all the Jedi when discussing Anakin if it’s intended as a major plot point!

Having a bit of a Google on ye olde fan forums, the other major thing in support of the virgin birth theory it’s supposedly hinted at by Palpatine in Ep.3 he was created by Darth Plagueis or Palpatine.

IMO that’s stitching two things together, wildly - it sounded like he was just showing off the master powers to impress Anakin to me… which makes much more sense.

I know we have to suspend disbelief to enjoy these shows, but either of them randomly creating Anakin from the force in a randomer on a far away planet is some wacky, wacky, wacky stuff :o

But hey, apparently you have force-based births in this new show, so *shrug*
I thought it was clear as day in the movie.

It's stupid, but not ambiguous

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Extended universe stuff definitely had physical changes for extreme dark side users in some cases, I don't think canon ever confirmed it though beyond more minor changes like eyes in Anikans case.

Although many were weird injuries or being old as dirt and forcing their bodies to keep going by force of will. There was an a guy in KOTOR 2 for example called Darth Sion that was just a broken mess walking around.
Defo going to try and get into EU material. Heir of the Empire is a good start right?

Soldato

Also there was this bit:

Qui-Gon: With your permission, my Master, I have encountered a vergence in the Force.
Yoda: A vergence, you say?
Mace Windu: Located around a person?
Qui-Gon: A boy. His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life form. It is possible that he was conceived by the midi-chlorians.

Man of Honour

I definitely can’t say my interpretation was correct or “I’m right”, but I’d legit go the other way around to what you’ve said the (the first sentence anyway) :p - to me it is ambiguous and open to interpretation, but for that to be ‘the most obvious’ interpretation it would have to been more clearly signposted.

However:

Also there was this bit:

Qui-Gon: With your permission, my Master, I have encountered a vergence in the Force.
Yoda: A vergence, you say?
Mace Windu: Located around a person?
Qui-Gon: A boy. His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life form. It is possible that he was conceived by the midi-chlorians.

… I’ll hold my hands up and say that does add more weight to it! My reading of that was just sentiment that there was an abnormal amount of ‘force’ present and that it was influenced by external things… but not to the exclusion of a father. But the reference to ‘conceive’ is probably not accidental, for the sake of it being a possibility at the very least!

Soldato
Defo going to try and get into EU material. Heir of the Empire is a good start right?

It's an excellent one tbh, but it depends on where you want to go. If you want to continue from the original series it's solid, as is the light reading that is Young Jedi Knight series. It follows the children of Han and Leia being trained by Luke at the new Jedi Academy, it's very much a kid orientated series but the books aren't overly long imo. It also leads into the excellent rise and fall of Jacen Solo with the Legacy of the Force series. There's a lot of interconnected content in that regard and while some is so-so a lot is well worth checking out.

If you want something within the universe that's not heavily connected to current series timeline, the Darth Bane trilogy is well worth a look.

I definitely can’t say my interpretation was correct or “I’m right”, but I’d legit go the other way around to what you’ve said the (the first sentence anyway) :p - to me it is ambiguous and open to interpretation, but for that to be ‘the most obvious’ interpretation it would have to been more clearly signposted.

However:

… I’ll hold my hands up and say that does add more weight to it! My reading of that was just sentiment that there was an abnormal amount of ‘force’ present and that it was influenced by external things… but not to the exclusion of a father. But the reference to ‘conceive’ is probably not accidental, for the sake of it being a possibility at the very least!
I'm some what similar to you. I took it to be that anakin may have had a father or may have been "made by the force", both were options and it wasn't meant to be left at just that as his father was irrelevant.

I did always like the idea of plaguis being the dad, some sort of accidental side effect of using the force to create life

Don
I'm some what similar to you. I took it to be that anakin may have had a father or may have been "made by the force", both were options and it wasn't meant to be left at just that as his father was irrelevant.

I did always like the idea of plaguis being the dad, some sort of accidental side effect of using the force to create life
Canon is apparently that Anakin was created by the Force itself.

Edit:
Lower rotten tomato score than the "holiday special"

Last edited:
Soldato
Would make a great mini series, aslong as modern Disney didn't touch it. And it was dark, humorless, very vicious.

But we won't.
The beauty of the extended universe was that it explored every facet of the universe. You could easily have made a horror movie in it and it would work, or you could have a fun kid friendly adventure. You could have a story about a ship captain doing long haul as a drama, literally anything was possible and was explored.

Then Disney came along and created dross because it magically knew better, despite having decades of fantastic material to draw from. I always held hope they'd sort things out eventually, but ep3 of The Acolyte was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Absolute garbage I'd be ashamed to see a teenager in a high school play produce.

Caporegime
No wonder Mae uses that awful attack me with all of your strength line, she was raised with the power of one/two/maaaannnyy chant.

Associate
Well Disney must be easily pleased apparently there making another series of the garbage.

The lunatics have certainly taken over the assulym. Unfortunately it seems to be happening/happened in nearly everything on earth these days.

Caporegime
The beauty of the extended universe was that it explored every facet of the universe. You could easily have made a horror movie in it and it would work, or you could have a fun kid friendly adventure. You could have a story about a ship captain doing long haul as a drama, literally anything was possible and was explored.

Then Disney came along and created dross because it magically knew better, despite having decades of fantastic material to draw from. I always held hope they'd sort things out eventually, but ep3 of The Acolyte was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Absolute garbage I'd be ashamed to see a teenager in a high school play produce.

Reject it. I do. I don't watch anything now, I don't even give it a chance, where's the point. (Ok if something got incredible, praised reviews - I might ) Just because it has star wars printed on it, doesn't mean it has to mean that for me.

The EU is fantastic and I don't need Disney to tell me what is and isn't canon, I'll decide what fantasy tales belong in the star wars universe.

Well Disney must be easily pleased apparently there making another series of the garbage.

The lunatics have certainly taken over the assulym. Unfortunately it seems to be happening/happened in nearly everything on earth these days.

Part of me wants to say they've announced this so early to show fake support for the show, to make the news not negative, but instead a positive about the show which is that Disney have faith and are happy with its performance, putting the idea in viewers heads that the negative news is just a few, but cleary enough must enjoy it as Disney are green lighting season 2.

But I also feel that they still could easily cancel this rubbish.

Even looking at initial viewing figures and thinking this was good, once you realise that star wars will always get a good start of viewers because it's star wars, with trinity as well being heavily used for advertising.

Once the season finished and Disney see the true stats only then should they decide about season 2

Last edited:
Soldato
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Back
Top Bottom