Star Wars: The Acolyte

Caporegime
Despite reading the very enjoyable Darth Plagueis book, had no idea that was him. Looked more like an evil cave troll.

Soldato
Why have a random peeping tom? First thing I thought was Darth Plagius

Also did Sol die or was he out cold? Did the green lady kill him?
How is she thinking to fool Yoda?

Caporegime
Really hated the ending. Felt like the script had one thing in mind, but they ended up filming something else.

If the 4 jedi sent to Brendok went bad and murdered innocents, then they should have them go full anakin and murder the whole cult, just cut out the whole rock catching fire BS and just have the witches start a fight for which the 2 trigger happy ones had to end for them and massacre them all.

Plot line could have been that they did something really bad and spent the rest of their lives hiding it. This is kind of what was written in the script - but what we saw was a witch do some kind of weird space magic invisibility thing which looked like she was about to attack .. for which the jedi attacked and ultimately killed her in self defence. As soon as it happened they realised they'd done the wrong thing but by then it was too late and looked like a horrible mistake. The whole "had to lie to the jedi council" thing just didn't add up. Jedi could just have explained they went to planet, got attacked, killed one in self defence and one of the children started a fire in a more convincing way which tore the place down. Very tragic very sad but move on thanks keep up the good work.

I think it's because they're trying to be edgy and have jedis that are more grey than previous black and white good vs evil characters of the previous movies. But didn't feel they could go the whole hog and have the jedi murder innocent civilians but still be jedi. Kind of defeats the whole point about having them be bad guys and hide their crimes and ultimately pay for them. It's like the ending of game of thrones where it was decided that cersei had to go mad like the mad king and need to be put down, but they hadn't really fleshed out a proper storyline that could undo and turn a character bad they'd just spent every other episode in every season telling us was a good character.

Same thing with pip. Spent the entire season telling us how important that thing was to her, how she'd had it so long always turned to it, customised it. Made it into a character of it's own. But then at the end apparently bad osha just resets it, good osha mentions it for 0.2 seconds in the finale and suddenly she doesn't care about it again. Doesn't ask for it back ?

Whole thing just felt completely disjointed. They've tried to be edgy and show you good characters, and then had them turn bad and reveal a villain who wasn't who you thought he was, but haven't actually done any storyboarding that would explain why she turned to the dark side beyond i'm mad you didn't tell me you killed my mum. But i'm now suddenly ok with my sister starting a fire and murdering everybody else because all that was true .. but hey nevermind now. For all of the hate episode 2 had with the "ah well I guess I betta murder innocent children now because I've been told to" thing - his journey to the dark side was nowhere near as jarring as this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The whole "had to lie to the jedi council" thing just didn't add up. Jedi could just have explained they went to planet, got attacked, killed one in self defence and one of the children started a fire in a more convincing way which tore the place down. Very tragic very sad but move on thanks keep up the good work.
"Plot line could have been that they did something really bad and spent the rest of their lives hiding it" That was literally the plot. I don't understand, you say you have an issue with them lying then say they should have just lied and moved on :confused:

Man of Honour
Messy last episode. Despite some plot issues I liked the exploration into the flaws of the jedi order.

7/10

Disney era is trying to push the flaws of the Jedi order too hard imo.

I thought The High Republic era was supposed to be the Golden Age of the Jedi and put into context how the prequels/OT were a fall from grace.

Nope. Just more “The Jedi were actually always terrible” storytelling.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Looks like hardcore Star Wars fans have noticed another possible mistake with Darth Plagueis's looks like Wookiepedia needs to be updating again to make it fit.

Didn't know Headlands partner was Rebecca Ferguson who played Vernestra.
The Acolyte’ is set approximately 100 years before ‘The Phantom Menace,’ specifically in 132 BBY. While Darth Plagueis’ age isn’t directly mentioned in live-action, the book ‘Star Wars: Darth Plagueis’ by James Luceno suggests Darth Tenebrous arranged for Plagueis’ birth between 147 and 120 BBY. If we consider 147 BBY as his birth year based on this source, he would be around 15 years old or younger during the events of ‘The Acolyte.’

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looks like hardcore Star Wars fans have noticed another possible mistake with Darth Plagueis's age if that is him. He looked a bit old for being only 15 years old there. Looks like Wookiepedia needs to be updating again to make it fit.

Didn't know Headlands partner was Rebecca Ferguson who played Vernestra.
He doesn't have a birthdate on Wookiepedia. He doesn't even have a birthdate in Legends on wookiepedia, just a vague range. Not quite sure why they think he's 15.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
@Shamikebab check Wookiepedia it does have a date but not sure if that word was there before or after the show.

Caporegime
@Shamikebab check Wookiepedia it does have a date but not sure if that word was there before or after the show.

No it doesn't, it says he was born before a specific date (which is the Acolyte appearance)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
No it doesn't, it says he was born before a specific date (which is the Acolyte appearance)

That's what I was saying. I saw a screenshot where there was just a date and didn't have the before next to it. The screen i saw might have been edited I guess but the link on that article I posted mentions it as well.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato

That's what I was saying. I saw a screenshot where there was just a date and didn't have the before next to it. The screen might have been edited I guess but screen fiction article I posted above mentions it as well.

The Acolyte’ is set approximately 100 years before ‘The Phantom Menace,’ specifically in 132 BBY. While Darth Plagueis’ age isn’t directly mentioned in live-action, the book ‘Star Wars: Darth Plagueis’ by James Luceno suggests Darth Tenebrous arranged for Plagueis’ birth between 147 and 120 BBY. If we consider 147 BBY as his birth year based on this source, he would be around 15 years old or younger during the events of ‘The Acolyte.’

However, it’s important to note that the creature seen in the cave doesn’t resemble a teenager, suggesting this information should not be considered canon until confirmed by Lucasfilm or ‘The Acolyte’ showrunner.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
That book isn't canon, a lot of these 'mistakes' seem to be just people not understanding canon.

Just a question, If power of the dark side/sith can bleed and change the colour of the light sabre, then why didnt Anakin's change at all particularly after he did all those atrocities. He did way worst stuff and had much more powerful emotions than what we saw with Osha. Ok the acting was way better in the movies but i am going to ignore that part.

The writing at times is really suspect did they check with a Star Wars expert or do you think they just add to it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just a question, If power of the dark side/sith can bleed and change the colour of the light sabre, then why didnt Anakin's change at all particularly after he did all those atrocities. He did way worst stuff and had much more powerful emotions than what we saw with Osha. Ok the acting was way better in the movies but i am going to ignore that part.

The writing at times is really suspect did they check with a Star Wars expert or do you think they just add to it?
Bleeding is post prequels, one of the things they added to try and explain something that hadn't really been expanded on before. I think before that they mentioned that Sith crystal turned red because of hate or something but not really how. It requires physical contact with the crystal (which is why it showed Osha gripping the crystal) and pouring negative emotions into it. They obviously checked existing lore otherwise we couldn't have got things like Cortosis weave or referencing specific lightsaber fighting styles. Also the mistakes would be actual mistakes ;) Not sure I'd agree the acting was better, Anakin was pretty dreadfully acted throughout the prequels (partially due to the woeful dialogue but partially not)

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Not sure I'd agree the acting was better, Anakin was pretty dreadfully acted throughout the prequels (partially due to the woeful dialogue but partially not)

Not sure about that, agreed Hayden Christensen wasnt exactly the best and the dialogue could have been better but the writing in show was pretty bad and Amandla Stenberg was even worse but ofc that imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom