1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by opstrat, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Gerard

Caporegime

^ His bomber vid is pretty good as well, even the name of the bombers is basically taken from the bombers in Memphis belle.

2. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Oh, missed that :)

3. uncle_rufus

Mobster

Agree with this, I kind of think of movies like this as being a set of events I'm just spectating. It's happened and you're just finding out what happened. Sure it would have been cool if X or Y had happened instead, or made more sense or whatever, but it is what is is (much like life, things don't always work out how you expected)...

However I totally disagree about your statement that the prequels are good apart from Phantom... if any of the three are "the bad one" it's undoubtedly Clones - way too much boring politics and the less said about the *shudder* "love scenes" the better!!!

4. No1newts

Capodecina

Oh don't get me wrong there are issues with Clones and Sith (for me it's the "make Anakin evil by asking him 3 times" scenes) but I just thoroughly enjoyed seeing big battles and loads of lightsaber fights :p

5. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

The clue is in the name really, Star WARS. We have seen very little in the way of epic battles in the new trilogy - I could forgive this partly if the writing didn't suck, but here we are.

I never thought I would view the prequels (well, 1 and 2) positively. Bring back George! At least the guy had a vision.

6. tracertong

Wise Guy

While we are all waiting for the first trailer for Star Wars 9 I stumbled across this fan made trailer for Empire Strikes Back and it is most impressive !

7. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Probably the same guy who remade all prequel and original trilogy trailers in the new format. Really impressive.

8. Richdog

Capodecina

*Reads that guff then cringes* :p:D

9. aardvark

Sgarrista

me neither - and i was right :)

10. SPG

Soldato

Starwars is dead to me, its all about the MCU.

(Pains me to say that being 7 when the first movie came out in the 70s)

11. checjb

Wise Guy

Honestly, the only thing I'm excited about any more is the upcoming finale to The Clone Wars. The new trilogy is dead to me. I have zero interest in paying for a cinema ticket to watch Episode 9.
    I may watch The Mandolorian if it gets good reviews (from honest people, not Disney shills) but I'm not holding my breath. Resistance just looks terrible and, as a recent Youtube video has pointed out, the quality of the animation has really declined from TCW-> Rebels -> Resistance.

12. Rifte

Mobster

The only thing that excites me about Star Wars at the moment is the Galaxy's Edge addition to Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando.

Of course I will watch episode 9.....the primary purpose being however to bring this trilogy to a conclusion.

13. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Hopefully we get some satisfying closure. We can hope... :(

14. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

Doubt it after Johnson has sabotaged the entire story. Now Abrams will just invent random crap and loads of lens flairs and hope it sticks.

15. Destination

Capodecina

Don't forget multiple highly populated planets in a system.
    Maybe he'll throw in some 'red matter'.
    A bit of time travel, and spock can save it all before a star goes supernova.

or Han wakes up after a bad dream and uses a condom that day.