1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi [WARNING: SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by opstrat, Jan 23, 2017.

1. IvanDobskey

Soldato

As a brain dead piece of scifi fluff, this film is mildly entertaining . As a star wars film however, it is utterly horrible and fails on just about every level possible.

I will not be watching any more star wars films until Disney has sold the franchise on.

2. zola25

Wise Guy

^ Whilst I share your view of The Last Jedi, TFA, Rogue One and the Solo film were worthy additions to the franchise IMO and well worth watching.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  3. chroniclard

Capodecina

Whut? Solo was a bag of arse. :p

4. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I enjoyed it, more than TLJ.

Haven't felt a pressing need to watch it since the cinema though.

5. mattx2

Wise Guy

To me the difference is Solo was made for the fan base and while not a great stand alone movie it's acceptable. Where as TLJ seems like it was made just to annoy the fan base. If the films had come out the other way round solo would have done much better

6. IvanDobskey

Soldato

Rogue One was fairly decent, but i don't agree on the others.

Solo and TFA although pretty poor, were still infinitely better than last jedi.

Last Jedi was so bad, it could actually pass for a star wars spoof!

7. zola25

Wise Guy

The problem with TLJ in my view is that it simply disregards the lore of the series to date in so many places, and as a result could almost be a spoof as you said @IvanDobskey. At least the remaining films - even the much derided prequels - respect the source material.

As an aside I was recovering from an op last week so watched the relevant films in machete order for the first time. Even for an old Star Wars fanatic such as myself, this gave me a really fresh perspective on the two original trilogies, other than TPM which machete recommends to skip.

8. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Solo was great but L3 is by far, far away (lul) the worst Star Wars character.

9. Rimsy

Mobster

That's pretty much how I felt watching it... Seemed like a joke. A very bad one.

10. reflux

Capodecina

Me too. TLJ is an utterly woeful film. I was so disappointed. There's trying to attract a new generation of fans, and then there's producing a film that feels tonally different to everything that went before it (including TFA).

11. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

[​IMG]

12. IvanDobskey

Soldato

Ah the space cow milking scene, a modern day classic :p

13. stoofa

Capodecina

People still crying over this? :D
    You need to get on with your lives - you're in the vocal minority and you aren't going to change any minds.
    It wasn't the film you wanted - move on, go find a film you like.

14. doodah

Capodecina

Jesus, have to agree with the above. I get that people really don't like this film but 119 pages!!!?

15. Rroff

Man of Honour

Uh have you seen the reviews? even after a PR job its overwhelmingly negative and more telling (and showing how much of a PR job was done to raise reviews) the heavily promoted user reviews are all overwhelmingly negative:

5 star 31%
    4 star 16%
    3 star 16%
    2 star 14%
    1 star 23%

Wish I'd screenshot before someone did a PR job and flooded the results with 5 star reviews and they still barely got it above negatives.

Amazon even stopped accepting negative reviews for it for awhile due to "abnormal rating behaviour" detected which was actually just how badly it was accepted by most people.

16. uncle_rufus

Mobster

100% this... so tired of people complaining...

You know what else sometimes doesn't work out how you expected? Life... everything... the real world... this is just an extension of that...

17. ianh

Mobster

This is a The Last Jedi "DISCUSSION THREAD" - where people will be talking about the movie so if you don't want to read it then jog on sunshine :D

18. Sasahara

Mobster

It's not accurate enough to pass for a spoof.

Or pink hair lady forgetting that every jump to light speed requires a computer to plot the course as standard, you don't need to commit suicide it can do it without human help.
    (Unless you were so ashamed of your failure to command that suicide was the only option)

19. Minusorange

Mobster

But it's not light it's plasma :cool:

20. Rroff

Man of Honour

It is always going to be a bit subjective what people do and don't find believable but there is a generally a point most people can suspend their disbelief especially if as mentioned above there is some kind of "internal consistency" or atleast some kind of explanation that seems atleast passably credible - TLJ ignores all of that.